Thoughts on this? (possible USA content) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Thoughts on this? (possible USA content)

Has anyone looked at this flea-bay auction?

Item number: 170296759395

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 10:13 AM

Re: Thoughts on this? (possible USA content)

Nice guitar. Ibanez USRG30TP. Can't say I remember the differences between the USRG10/20/30, but for some reason I think this is the 30.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Thank you!

Yep...looks like you hit it:

http://www.ibanezregister.com/Galler...l-usrg30tp.htm
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 04:19 PM

Hi

I have one exactly the same. Itīs an USRG30TP model. If you are thinking to bid on that one you must do it. Excellent guitar all the way around. Only made in 1994 and 1995 then discontinued. Were made at the PBC (Bunker guitars) custom headquarters in USA. His owner in that moment Dave Bunker introduce the "free tension" neck system and were also built by his mate on the bussiness Jim Donahue.

Differences with models were basically that 10 model has the head in black finish and AA top and floyd, 20 has head matching headstock but fixed bridge and 30 has AAA top, matching headstock and floyd.

At the moment one of my best sound Ibanez, lot of sustain and strong character.

Good points:
- Really high quality craftmanship and woods.
- Amazing clean tones. First position if you donīt open the tone knob is like an acoustic guitar. AmazingĄĄĄ
- Also have a strong character when using distortion. No plastic sounds as late top end Ibanez guitars.

Bad points:
- Nothing bad on the guitar except they donīt build it again... hahaha...

The neck it may seems to you soem strange for the radius the first times... but is a fast one, straight as an arrow but with a more open C form that made it strange at the first touches.

You can not be wrong with this guitar in my opinion, and guitar looks in good condition for its age. Itīs a 95 model made in December, the number item 71. It was said that only around 100 units were made of this USRG30TP. Probably any other bro here could confirm this better but you know how odd are the Ibanez guys with production numbers in certain models. Anyway if itīs a 1995 model made in December.. must be one of the late ones produced so for a 71 unit is not too far thinking on a 100 units.

Here are some pics of mine. I confirmed with Mr. Dave Bunker Itīs a custom order for some endorsee player of the period. Itīs number #13 and donīt have the standard sticker on back of head for serial itīs engraved.

http://thumbs.subefotos.com/bb356545...771ca26d7o.jpg

http://thumbs.subefotos.com/5e36df89...35ec38cc5o.jpg

Hope all helps a little and remember that is only my two cents.

CheersĄĄ

Javier
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 09:30 AM

Model 10 is the fixed bridge model. Biggest difference between the 20 and 30 is that the 20 doesn't have a bound fretboard.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 11:28 PM

Javier,

I have #0012

It came with EMG 81 and 85's in it.
I acquired it in 2000...don't know who it was for, but the s/n is also stamped right into the back of the headstock like your #13. Color is Butterscotch. It's a USRG30.

Steve

Tags
usa

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode