Time to get a new guitar... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

Time to get a new guitar...

Hi folks,

I have been using an Ibanez RGT42 with Liquifire and CrunchLab for a while....

Now I want to buy another guitar. I was going for Jacksons. But After playing Ibanez neck thru for years I can't play Jacksons properly (DKMG, DK2S...) like can't access the lower frets as easily as in an Ibanez.....

So i tried the Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR and its quite good.

Now what can be a good replacement/addition of my guitar. I don't want another Ibanez... I play metal/instrumental and soloing is first priority...

Cheers for your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 11:30 AM

Re: Time to get a new guitar...

really depends on your budget, but I'd look at ESP and LTDs as well. might take a peek at the Charvels as well, although you won't find any neck-thrus.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 04:02 PM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracadabra View Post
really depends on your budget, but I'd look at ESP and LTDs as well. might take a peek at the Charvels as well, although you won't find any neck-thrus.
Well, the last statement isn't completely true.. If you're willing to go second hand that is. For neckthrough charvels you should look for model 5 and 6 with charvel 650xl at least. They're all neck throughs and EXTREMELY nice guitars.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 08:15 PM

Reviews: 2

why DONT you want another ibanez? Is it a particular design feature that you don't like? We could end up suggesting another guitar that has the same feature on it.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 09:59 PM

if you want a fun one you can get a laguna from guitar center and upgrade it like a mofo. i only say that because some have the AANJ
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostStorm View Post
Well, the last statement isn't completely true.. If you're willing to go second hand that is. For neckthrough charvels you should look for model 5 and 6 with charvel 650xl at least. They're all neck throughs and EXTREMELY nice guitars.
Which ESP do u reckon?

All I am looking for is a better guitar than my current one.... and not Ibanez cause I already have one and jackson seems to be unsuitable for me... so far Schecter C1 FR felt awesome... it has so many cool features... just wondering if anyone has tried a better guitar in that price range..
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
why DONT you want another ibanez? Is it a particular design feature that you don't like? We could end up suggesting another guitar that has the same feature on it.
Cause Ibanez don't look exotic to me... while it plays awesome its doesn't look good (to me)
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 10:15 AM

You won't find an ESP in the price-range of a C1 FR (unless you buy used) but you should be able to get the top-of-the-line LTD 1000-series guitars for around the same amount. The M-1000 and MH-1000 come to mind.

LTD is to ESP as Epiphone or Squier are to Gibson/Fender, although the top-line LTD's are very decent guitars in themselves. You might not like all the abalone inlays though.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 11:07 AM

Here are my top 3
ESP Horizon FRII , BC Rich ASM Zoltan or PRS Torero

All 3 neck through guitars, all very nice .
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 11:12 AM

Carvin makes a lot of neckthroughs you can usually find cheaply on eBay, but you don't to try them first obviously. I personally like them, but the necks are a bit thicker than you'd get on a Jackson or Ibanez.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

thanks guys... so i will have a final look at ltd m/mh 1000 , torero and c1 fr and decide...
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

but i guess the real question is are they a better guitar than what i have currently?
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinRose View Post
but i guess the real question is are they a better guitar than what i have currently?
LTD 1000's are pretty sweet axes man. Better then schecter's imo. Schecters seem to be more focused on looks vs playability, and id say a majority I've played had crappy fret work. I do love the C1's looks though...

Now is there a particular reason you want a new guitar? You arent upgrading here, you are merely moving lateraly. If you were talking about a real deal PRS, ESP, or similar, then yes, we'd understand.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpenguin View Post
LTD 1000's are pretty sweet axes man. Better then schecter's imo. Schecters seem to be more focused on looks vs playability, and id say a majority I've played had crappy fret work. I do love the C1's looks though...

Now is there a particular reason you want a new guitar? You arent upgrading here, you are merely moving lateraly. If you were talking about a real deal PRS, ESP, or similar, then yes, we'd understand.

Well I thought C1FR is a better guitar than my current guitar.. ESP LTD 1000 serious does look great, I will try once soon... and why not have a second guitar...
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 09:09 AM

It's good to have an idea in mind of what you want when guitar shopping, but make sure you try every axe you can in your price range. Just close your eyes, play, and let your hands and ears decide for you.

Rock on!

Tags
guitar suggestion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode