Time for a new Guitar... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2005, 03:27 AM Thread Starter

Time for a new Guitar...

... but its difficult to choose....

I'm at the market for a new guitar, I have about 2000e for it... I can push it for 100-200 maybe 300 more...

I have choosen the specifications that interest me more, but cant find the right guitar...

I'd like: carved top body
thin neck
floyd rose or similar
24 frets (this is not a problem really, 22 is ok, but i prefer 24)
neck thru connstruction prefferable
ebony fretboard prefferable
maybe alder body, but it can change...
picups is not a problem, as i can change them later..

what do you think? one guitar that comes close is ESP Horizon but i read that the neck is not thin, is 20mm 1st fret

I currently have 2 guitars, Ibanez RG-550 and an ESP KH-2 (which is my main guitar.. awesome, but i want something with no Active pickups to have the choice of both)

Thanx..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2005, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Re: Time for a new Guitar...

I'd suggest that you get have one built asyou seem to be basicn your decision on a spec list, rather than on looking at the guitars on the market.

Some of our sponsors are fantastic luthiers, maybe give them an email about having you perfect axe built?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2005, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

Thanx for the reply..

Could you make any suggestion about the sponsors? do they ship to Greece?

I found one guitar that i fell in love with, its not exactly the specs i was after, the problem is that its not easy to find.. A J custom RG8670 looks fantastic... do you know any place to buy it that ships to Greece/Europe??

Thanx
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2005, 03:52 PM

Try Shamray,

He can do excellent things for a fair price...

You could try some of the guys on top of this page.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2005, 04:29 PM

2000EUR is a very solid budget, so I suggest you look around a bit and make no compromises. From what you are saying though, I think you want something like a Charvel 750XL, or an archtop Soloist. Look around on **** and in your local classifieds, maybe you can find one, should definately be in your price range.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2005, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_k83
Thanx for the reply..

Could you make any suggestion about the sponsors? do they ship to Greece?

I found one guitar that i fell in love with, its not exactly the specs i was after, the problem is that its not easy to find.. A J custom RG8670 looks fantastic... do you know any place to buy it that ships to Greece/Europe??

Thanx
Did you try ishibashi? I know they ship to the U.S., not sure about Greece, but it's worth asking them. Google "ishibashi webshop"
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2005, 05:16 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for your replies...

I just sent an email to ishibashi..

and I'll checksome of the sponsors here...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 01:09 PM

hhmmm... maybe not in the same league as the others mentioned here, but i really dig the jackson DKMG, especially in trans red/trans black. killer looks!

carved top: yes
thin neck: yes, not as thin as ibanez's though
floyd rose: yes (jackson's own)
24 frets: yes
neck thru: sadly, no
ebony board: no
alder body: yes
bonus: piranha teeth inlay, reversed headstock, flame maple top veneer

have held it a few times. seems to be very well built. although here in my country, for their asking price, i would rather buy a prestige ibanez. way overpriced.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 02:44 AM Thread Starter

I havent experienced this Jackson but it dont seem to be a great guitar that I'm seeking, it may be good, but i doubt is better than the guitars that i already have and i want another great guitar.....

But anyway, thanks for posting...

Tags
alder body , ebony board , ebony fretboard , flame maple , floyd rose , neck thru , reversed headstock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode