A total turnaround - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

A total turnaround

Hi there fellas'

I've always regarded Ibanez as a quality brand. Ever since I sold my 1987 model jem back in the day. Well I didn't bond with that one at that particular time and when we add into the mix how young, stupid and utterly useless as a guitarplayer I was, what happens ? Yup I sold it at half price cause this thing did nothing to help me become malmsteen ;o)

Anywhoo, Ibanez has always been in the back of my mind since then, like a promise yet to be fullfilled.

I had a musicman axis super sport and an Esp Horizon nt ll. I wanted to be like everyone else and add a strat to the collection. So I pick up this very nice american standard strat. A sunburst beauty that would surely do it for me since it was a strat and it was beautiful.

After three days I had developed a deep and pure hatred of that thing. It sounded like anus with it's duck like voice via them single coils. I hated how it played and generally was actually thinking about making a video of me burning it.

Well I was angry and that guitar fuelled that rage and was also the root of it.
The thing is I just don't dig strats, and I know this because I've had them before in my 25 years or so of playing.

So why the hell did I buy this one ? Well the damage is done I thought so I'll take it to the local fender dealer and see what I can get for it.

He was willing to give me a very good price for it, almost what I had paid so this was turning out rather well.

I start looking at amps and one in particular, peavey 6534. I fire it up and start browsing the store for some guitar to plug into it. One thing for sure I was not going to use the infernal crap I had just brought in so I went looking while the tubes were warming up.

I see a rather boringly plain black hardtail ibanez. Hmmm ok I like hardtails so let's try this one. It was the 1451 black crow.
Long story short.
The amp sounded amazing but I walked out with the Ibanez.

After having that one at home for a month I had sold all my other guitars cause this was what I've been searching for all my life.

So I decide to get my self a sevenstring. I haven't played them alot and therefore didn't want to shell out too much money if I didn't like it. I have the shop special order the 827 premium.

I got it today and almost everything is as it should be. The colour is right, the neck is stunning but there is one string missing ? They ordered the wrong one so I got the 870 instead. I called them and they said very sorry just bring it back and will order the correct one for you. So I'll have to wait another 4-6 weeks for it.

After dinner I couldn't resist, when I saw it was a sixstring to day I just boxed it up again and didn't play it. Well after dinner I took it out of the case and plugged it in.

I am absolutely floored by this thing. It sounds, plays and feels amazing. I'm not sure I can let it go and wait for the right one so I think I'll keep it and when the money is right I'll just add a sevenstring to my growing collection of Ibanez guitars.

What the hell are the people at Ibanez snorting to make such wonderful instrumensts ? In my 25 years of guitarplaying and with huge amounts of cash invested through out the years in some of the finest boutiqe guitars out there I have never been happier with my gear.

I'm not sure I will ever play anything else again.

Sorry for the absurdedly long post but this is just my way of saying hi.

Geiri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 01:36 AM

Re: A total turnaround

we have been there.
Story of me is almost similar.
I love ibanez to death, but still I'm messing around with ESP, jacksons, Caparisons,...
at the end of the day, when I'm looking back the cash I've been throw out to try this and that is unacceptable.
So, now with 7 RGs + 1 S540 , I can say my guitar life is more than happy.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 10:01 AM

Geiri, nice post. Welcome to jemsite.

It may be a cliche but I think it's true-- with our never-ending tone quests, it's really more about the journey than the destination.

Sometimes, when we think we've found the tone of our lives, there's another great instrument waiting to inspire us.

Peace

Mike
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 12:09 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikey Mikey View Post
Geiri, nice post. Welcome to jemsite.

It may be a cliche but I think it's true-- with our never-ending tone quests, it's really more about the journey than the destination.

Sometimes, when we think we've found the tone of our lives, there's another great instrument waiting to inspire us.

Peace

Mike
Couldn't agree more. Finally got a guitar that's perfect for me, and i'm also building one this summer. Sometimes, if you cant find your dream guitar, you build it (or at least try to).

"Success is the journey, not the destination."-bruce lee

Tags
ibanez

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode