Trade value help on my JS1WH - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Trade value help on my JS1WH

Morning everyone. I'm coming back to the experts for a little help.

I have a very nice JS1WH that I've been trying to sell for awhile now through a free local online website. I thought it would go pretty quickly, but maybe Minneapolis isn't the right market.

I just got an offer last night to trade it for a RG550 reissue in road flare red. Its a good looking guitar, but I'm not sure about its value or frankly the value of my guitar. The other party has stated he would add some money to even it up, but I'm not sure how much to ask for..or if I should even do this.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 09:49 AM

Re: Trade value help on my JS1WH

Well, I'm no expert on the exact value of older JS models, but I really don't think that's the main issue here anyway. The fact that you're even considering a trade indicates to me that you're not getting rid of the guitar because you need money. I have to assume then that you don't like it, or at least would prefer something different. If you like the RG550 more, then this trade probably makes sense for you, whether or not it makes sense to anyone else.

In terms of actual market value, I would have to think the two guitars aren't that far apart, but that depends on their condition of course. Comparing their ages, the RG is practically new, though that doesn't necessarily mean it's in better shape. Assuming they are both in excellent or better shape, I would expect that the JS1 would fetch a little more than the RG, at least if you find someone that really wants a JS1, which you seem to have.

Of course, no one else can tell you which guitar you like better, which will probably be the biggest factor here. If you're concerned about making a bad deal in terms of future value, I wouldn't be. Neither guitar is ever likely to be worth considerably more than it is today, both have a degree of collectible potential, but nothing Earth-shattering.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Vendor

A few months ago a mint JS1WH sold for $2000 on fleabay.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
A few months ago a mint JS1WH sold for $2000 on fleabay.

Wow, would you say that's typical Rich? I know they're somewhat sought after in certain circles, but that sure seems excessive, especially in today's market.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Holy $hite. $2000!!!

Well, mine is in excellent shape other than a little ding at the top of the headstock.

http://s929.photobucket.com/albums/ad132/doogiedog/

Hmm...now I gotta think about this. I was leaning towards his guitar and a few bucks for mine. Not sure now.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Vendor

Just telling you what sold. A guy in Canada bought it, and it was super clean [but wasn't dead mint]

A guy in the UK paid $3000 for a "mint" BK 2 years ago. He though it was a good deal, the rest of us know better.

Tags
ibanez rg550 js1 js1wh

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to trade on harmony central
what to trade amp for strat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode