traveling with my RG... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

traveling with my RG...

Hi !!!
This is my first post here and I would like to start with a little but really important (to me) question.
Next week I have to take a plane (from Belgium to Spain) with my RG 550ex (2001 if this matters). It has a case, the M100C one, and I will appreciate any advice.
I think I can't take my guitar in the cabin so I have no choice other than send it with the lugage. Is the case enought protection for my axe? Do I have to loose the strings ? Do I have to pray...?

...as you may think, I'm scare to death ...
Thank you !!!
...i don't know if this is the right place in this forum to place this topic, in any case, sorry...i'm new
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 09:47 AM

Re: traveling with my RG...

usually you can take your guitar in the cabin, sometimes the only let you if its in a gig-bag
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 10:41 AM

If you're worried about it, one way or another, my suggestion to you is to put a whole lot of soft stuff in the case with it before you leave. Anywhere that there's room, stuff some soft stuff in there. If you do that, there's far less of a chance of anything happening to the guitar even if the case takes a few bumps here and there... of course, I know that's a bit difficult if you have a fitted case.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

I made a phone call to the airport and no, I can't travel with my guitar in the cabin...and I have to pay 40 € to send it with the lugage.
I started thinking of send it with Fedex or DHL as a better option...it's more expensive (100-150€) but...
Is it safer this way..?

thank you !!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 02:02 PM

I would look into a case like this http://www.***************.com/produ...ase?sku=541696
I have seen the plastic cases break because of the cold.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 07:44 PM
bdk

Quote:
Originally Posted by patulo67 View Post
Hi !!!
This is my first post here and I would like to start with a little but really important (to me) question.
Next week I have to take a plane (from Belgium to Spain) with my RG 550ex (2001 if this matters). It has a case, the M100C one, and I will appreciate any advice.
I think I can't take my guitar in the cabin so I have no choice other than send it with the lugage. Is the case enought protection for my axe? Do I have to loose the strings ? Do I have to pray...?

...as you may think, I'm scare to death ...
Thank you !!!
...i don't know if this is the right place in this forum to place this topic, in any case, sorry...i'm new

I've traveled with a hardshell case, no worries, the m100c is a nice case. Make SURE the guitar isn't shaking AT ALL in the case and you'll be fine. Also tape a white piece of paper that says "Please don't stack or drop" not that they listen but every little bit helps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode