Triple Ibanez question: RG1550MLvsRG1570LvsS420L - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Triple Ibanez question: RG1550MLvsRG1570LvsS420L

Hello all! Im looking at purchasing a new Ibanez guitar and I am doing my research. I've already read quite a few articles from here that turned up in the search engines I use but I figured a SPECIFIC post about my situation would be appropriate. Budget is an issue for me right now. I WANT a prestige model. However, I am indeed a lefty, which puts me in a pickle so to speak. My main reason for posting is to hopefully find someone who has worked with and/or played all of these guitars, left handed or righty doesn't matter. I would like to know your thoughts on the the three models. I very much understand that the first two are prestige models. I want a prestige model because I know the hardware is better and the stock pickups are better (although I'd swap them out probably anyways). So that aside, the main question will be tremolo use and how well the guitars stay in tune with HEAVY dive bomb and/or ph squeal usage. That is the main reason I will be buying this guitar. I've messed around with righties of these (only the closest thing I could get to the 1550 was a 3550) and I like the tone of all of them (also understand that the S420 is mahogany body).

Again, the main thing Im looking for here is a response to the tuning stability and overall playability of these guitars(again, taking into consideration that one of the models is not a prestige). The SECOND thing I am interested in is which of these guitars gets the most sustain from a single picked note. I like sustain(I own a floyd and do understand that Floyds naturally have less sustain than a hardtail or even a regular trem but some are better than others). The new 1550s come with the Zero trem with ZPS3. The 1570 comes with the edge pro. The S420 comes with the ZR with ZPS3.

Sorry for the long post. I would appreciate all of any help I can get. Lefties get the shaft. Nuff said. If I swing it pretty high, my budget is $1200 if I buy from the store I work at (I get discounts). If I buy elsewhere, $800-900 although that is at the tip top of my range. Again, thank you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-26-2011, 12:25 AM

Reviews: 4
Re: Triple Ibanez question: RG1550MLvsRG1570LvsS420L

The 1550 and 1570 are pretty much the same guitar. Difference being the pickguard and the maple/Rosewood fretboard.
If having a choice to choose between the RG or S in this context, The RG definitely. Get the RG, a pair of locking stud mods from Rich and you have a kick ass guitar.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-26-2011, 01:26 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98
Re: Triple Ibanez question: RG1550MLvsRG1570LvsS420L

Welcome aboard! First off, I'd say I like the Edge Pro better than the EZ and ZR.
Concerning which guitars are better, the best thing to do is try to go play them and see which one you like best. We all have different tastes, and what some like--others may not. You'll get varied opinions. The downside to that is it will be hard to find lefties to try. Either way--good luck in your search!

Tags
left handed , rg1550 , rg1570 , s420

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode