TRS, Lo Pro, Edge trem cavities - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

TRS, Lo Pro, Edge trem cavities

Are all trem cavities routed the same? Whether it be for an Edge, or Lo Pro, or TRS trem? What I thought was a 7620 is actually a 7420, and I ended up buying the wrong parts. If the routing is the same I'll just order a new Low Pro trem. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 01:41 AM

Re: TRS, Lo Pro, Edge trem cavities

I dont think they are the same .... you cant swap lo pro to edge pro but not TRS to edge or lo pro ...
That's what i believe but wait for the others...
ciao
Ced

(sorry im french translation is bad and poor from what i want to say ...)

Last edited by Cedric777; 04-29-2005 at 04:35 AM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 03:11 AM

They are not the same...
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 06:47 PM

Quote:
you can swap lo pro to edge pro but not TRS to edge or lo pro ...
Is this correct??? I have always thought you could swap Edge Lo Pro with the Edge model. No Edge/Edge Lo Pro to Edge Pro. That's completely different animal. TRS to OFR is possible. TRS to Edge/Edge Lo Pro might require some routing.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 06:57 PM

My UV7PWH and RG 7620 have the L Pro Edge and my S 7420 has the TRS.
I wanted to replace the TRS on my S with a Lo Pro Edge....
but sadly it's not going to happen.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flobanez
My UV7PWH and RG 7620 have the L Pro Edge and my S 7420 has the TRS.
I wanted to replace the TRS on my S with a Lo Pro Edge....
but sadly it's not going to happen.
Then just replace it with an OFR, that's just a choice.

Regards

André

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 04:29 AM

Nothing but an Edge Pro will swap for an Edge Pro, the intonation point is different from every other tremolo on the market, Ibanez included. YOu also can't put the Edge Pro in a body that wasn't designed for it.

The Edge and Lo-Pro Edge are interchangable with each other.

The TRS rout is different from the Edge/Lo-Pro Edge rout, and you have a 10% chance of an Edge fitting in without having to rout, 90% of the time you'll need to remove some wood. The OFR and OFR-7 should fit the TRS rout though, and are a much better trem than the TRS.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 04:35 PM

just to further confuse the issue, i asked recently about replacing an EP2 with anything good/better.

never did get a response.

is there a resource that outlines the physical dimensions of these trems and their routings? maybe a table of what (if any) are interchangeable?

that'd be great, and probably save a heap of quesions.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 04:54 PM

The reason why nobody responded to your question is that nobody knows. From what I have read the Edge Pro and II/III are not interchangeable. The same applies for the switch to Edge and Lo Pro Edge. Then the last thing would be to go to a OFR or Gotoh FR, there I don't know the answer.

Somebody needs to try this and then report back here. Now who is going to be the first test person .

Regards

André

PS. In the end you should be able to swith to any trem (mentioned above) is might then require routing of some sort (everything mentioned above assumed that no routing needed to be performed).

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 06:17 PM

i may have read this wrong.. but i think on LGM's site, a trs to edge trem rout ws listed in the services and it was only like 30 bucks. if you have an s 7 string you want to be an edge model.. i'd send it to him. 30 bucks for the rout is more than worth it. look into it. I think the trs routing of the latest s 7 string was the downfall of that model. i'd rather have the edge 7 than an OFR 7
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcbest
i may have read this wrong.. but i think on LGM's site, a trs to edge trem rout ws listed in the services and it was only like 30 bucks. if you have an s 7 string you want to be an edge model.. i'd send it to him. 30 bucks for the rout is more than worth it. look into it. I think the trs routing of the latest s 7 string was the downfall of that model. i'd rather have the edge 7 than an OFR 7
Only problem with sending it to LGM is that he doesn't do these small jobs anymore because he's so backed up at the moment.

Regards

André

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 12:49 PM

There's a tutorial here about changing from a TRS to an Edge/Lo-Pro but it requires routing and all sorts.

http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/trs2lopro.htm

Tags
edge trem , pro edge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode