TRS not too shabby afterall..... - Read this! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

TRS not too shabby afterall..... - Read this!

I have always been a big proponent of the Edge trems, so in no way is my vision skewed. *I have found that the TRS isn't that bad after all. *

But I think it's a matter of what you're used to. *As many of you know I have had as many guitars as Richelle has had marriage proposals. *Ok, bad example, but you get the point. *I've tooled around with Jacksons, Kramers, Fenders and whatnot, but always came back to the Ibanez and the Edge. *It was simply the most comfortable trem/guitar for me to play on.

Well, I have been Ibanez-less for about 2 months now and decided that I only need one guitar to practice on, which wound up being a Wolfgang Standard.

Well, my old band approached me and asked that *I rejoin. *This means I'll be gigging again, and I would need a backup to the WG. *So, I went to GC and bought a mint RBM10.

As you know, it's a Korean made TRS equipped guitar. *I have found that after being away from the Edge, the TRS is actually a pretty sturdy little monster and actually feels pretty darn good. *

I hate the Edge vs. TRS thing, but I just couldn't resist saying something good about my experience with the TRS. *Also, after all of the negative press the Korean Ibanez has been given, I was shocked to find that this one plays as well as any Japanese RG I have played. *Now if I could only get this guitar to balance correctly.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 06:06 PM

TRS not too shabby afterall.....

That makes sense to me, Kirk. *Though I've not spent time with the TRS, it always appeared to me to be a typical Floyd Licensed trem, so it makes sense that it should function acceptably and on par with most others similar to it (except the Edge & LoPro, of course ).
Greg
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 07:49 AM

I'm glad that it works for you Kirk, but having owned 3 TRS-equipped guitars, as well as some with Lo Pro's, Schaller Floyds, and Kahler Pros, I feel that the TRS is the bottom of the barrel. I wouldn't want one on any of my guitars - but I'll happily play the Lo Pro, Kahler Pro or Schaller Floyd. These are my preferences based on my exprerience, of course...

...but if you actually use the TRS heavily for a few months, I think you'll quickly begin to see why... Hell, just reset the intonation and watch what happens to the chrome when you clamp down the saddle bolts. Of course, ymmv...

good luck
Jim
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 09:20 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

wow, not to rain on the parade ...

but with all the FINE axes you've owned and sold, why-oh-why did you choose THIS over any of the others :lame: ... glen
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Home-ownership rains buckets-o-sensibility on your guitar buying parade!

The price tag was less than a used RG, it has a Mahogany body that is cut into a weird shape, and was like NOS w/case! *
You can speak from your own experiences, but considering the guitars I have owned, I don't notice much of a difference in quality. *This thing plays as well as any of those that I have owned. *Obvious exceptions may be pickups and to some people - possibly the trem, but everything else is just as good.

I have set the intonation, but haven't recognized what you were talking about Jimi.

Tags
edge trem , edge trems , equipped guitar , mahogany body

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode