The TRS trem? is it the same as the JT580 by jackson? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

The TRS trem? is it the same as the JT580 by jackson?

I have a rg470 and it has a TRS(not the II) is this what is used on the jackson DK imports? as well as on the newer DXMG?
mine seems to be fine in staying in tune with a lot of whammy abuse(ala vai,VH,satch,hendrix) so is this trem really as much as a P.O.S as many claim?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 12:41 PM

yeah, they're built by the same factories in Korea or Indonesia or somewhere. they're pretty much the same, but each one has got its own brand logo embossed on the plate.

ow, you're lucky with your TRS. maybe it's the only one working TRS in the whole world. enjoy it!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 12:53 PM

Yeah, Takeuchi, I think. Junk.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 03:45 PM

Actually from what I understand, Takeuchi is japanese, and a pretty good trem, much like an OFR in build quality and feel. The Korean trems (any of them) have always been the junk, and there are many different factories that made a TRS style bridge in Korea, but most are Cort or Samick. But even they would share parts from some sub factories. The taiwanese one is really bad, too.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankfalbo
Actually from what I understand, Takeuchi is japanese, and a pretty good trem, much like an OFR in build quality and feel. The Korean trems (any of them) have always been the junk, and there are many different factories that made a TRS style bridge in Korea, but most are Cort or Samick. But even they would share parts from some sub factories. The taiwanese one is really bad, too.
One Jackson I have is a Takeuchi, is and about equal to the TRS's I tried, but that's working from memory. But then, this one's over 10 years old, so wear may be a factor.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 07:51 PM

Is your (Jester) Jackson taiwanese or japanese? My beef with all TRS/OFR bridges is the idea that your baseplate can just be molded/cut into knife edges. I think anything that doesn't have a hardened insert like the Edge & Schaller family of trems will suffer more wear, perhaps with the exception of the Kahler made OFR's and Lo Pro OFR's. But then I didn't like their feel or sound as much as an Edge type or Schaller, even though it was technically superb.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankfalbo
Is your (Jester) Jackson taiwanese or japanese? My beef with all TRS/OFR bridges is the idea that your baseplate can just be molded/cut into knife edges. I think anything that doesn't have a hardened insert like the Edge & Schaller family of trems will suffer more wear, perhaps with the exception of the Kahler made OFR's and Lo Pro OFR's. But then I didn't like their feel or sound as much as an Edge type or Schaller, even though it was technically superb.
Japanese - a stealth pro.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 04:50 AM

i too had a Takeuchi on my N2, it was exactly like a TRS. i obviously replaced with an OFR (sit down: i couldnt put an Edge on an N2, come on!).
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

well at least i found out it is the same as a JT580 lp
I know it is not the best trem out there,but mine is not as bad as some would have me believe
The only time my rg 470TI goes out of tune is when the strings start to get old. i have had OFR's that had that problem.
all i can say is for the $200 i paid for this leftover RG she really was a great deal. i already had the USA duncans to put in it and it plays and sounds as good as a 1570

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode