two USA Customs: greetings from a noob - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

two USA Customs: greetings from a noob

huge picture: http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/k...nezUSA002c.jpg

1989 Exotic Wood
I was at the store buying a big ol' keyboard/bass/vocal amp to leave in the jam room, saw this. They had just gotten it in a day or two before. Came back for it a few days later. Dim Evolution bridge, Dim hs2 middle, some mystery Duncan at the neck.

1990 Silver Peabird
Went in for some mic stands, the guy I always buy from was there, said like "hey chris I gotta show you something. This just came in today..." Half an hour of pacing back and forth while my friend looked at drum stuff and I decided to go for it. Credit card debt yay. Haven't looked at the pickups yet, supposedly a super distortion at the bridge. Somebody put a normal floyd type bar on the bridge.

Last edited by Sparkytfl; 04-14-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 09:47 PM

Re: two USA Customs: greetings from a noob

Welcome
Nice guitars!! How you digging the USA Custom Exotic Wood?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

So far my impression is good. Only had it for a couple weeks, and I'm just getting around to ordering a nut mount screw it was missing, so it hasn't been totally set up yet. Sounds pretty good. Definitely some high quality wood and parts. The maple/mahogany weighs quite a bit though.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 01:10 AM

The red one is cool but the one on the right with the shark tooth inlay and reverse headstock is way cool. Nice catch on both.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 01:12 AM

F!cking nice!!! love the one with the reverse headstock
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 01:52 AM

Nice guitars and welcome!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flobanez
Nice guitars and welcome!
+1

Regards

Andrť

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 08:12 AM

COOL!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkytfl
So far my impression is good. Only had it for a couple weeks, and I'm just getting around to ordering a nut mount screw it was missing, so it hasn't been totally set up yet. Sounds pretty good. Definitely some high quality wood and parts. The maple/mahogany weighs quite a bit though.
I was actually surprised how heavy mine was when I got it. I don't know what kind of neck is on yours but I got a wizard with sharkfins(just like your other USA custom just without the reverse headstock). I seriously was afraid to pick up the guitar from the neck 'cause I thought the toothpick size neck would snap from the weight on the body.

I did find that the necks had way too much gloss lacquer on it so I stripped it down to the bare wood. I don't know if you're willing to do it, but it sure made a big difference for me.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Finally got around to measuring the necks. Red one's .754inch and silver is .803 at the 12th fret. If I'm reading this thing right. So the silver is wizard and the red is ultra I think. I was pretty sure the silver felt thicker and now it's confirmed. Red's definitely my favorite of the two, and is pushing to be the favorite guitar I own.

Tags
custom exotic wood , evolution bridge , reverse headstock , super distortion , usa custom exotic wood

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode