U-bar question - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

U-bar question

Does anybody know where I can get a U-bar for my Lo-pro on my 7620?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 08:48 PM

Re: U-bar question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubbish
lol u could probly make a ghetto one if ur handy with a torch
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 09:08 PM

Quote:
You can't. The U-Bar trem is a modified version of the Lo-Pro with two bar-insert holes. You could however, as was said, make your own home-made version.
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
Quote:
You can't. The U-Bar trem is a modified version of the Lo-Pro with two bar-insert holes. You could however, as was said, make your own home-made version.
i bet if you had a tap and die set and another bar socket thing off an Edge you could custom do it... if u look at the bottom side of an edge theres a spot where a bar could go if it were drilled out properly and tapped... i'm assuming for a Left handed Edge.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

yeah I saw the other spot for the hole, I just needed to find the bar.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 01:59 AM

Quote:
yeah I saw the other spot for the hole, I just needed to find the bar.
like we said, make one
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 07:38 PM

are there any pro's about the U-bar VS a regular trem-arm?
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 08:18 PM

If you want a U-bar you will probabley have to order the whole trem from Ibanez. Not cheep!! 8O :o
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straymond
Yeah- if you don't like the U-Bar, you can always pop it out and put a regular trem bar in on either side.

I don't understand why Ibanez just doesn't offer the U-Bar as a standard option on all of their trems- it'd make (unless I'm greatly mistaken, the new knife edges can be removed, and thus the fact one's curved and one's straight isn't an issue) a rightie trem retrofittable as a leftie, and vice versa, lowering their manufacturing costs, and hell, maybe some people would like the trem bar on top of the trem, who knows... Vaughan sure did...

-D
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 01:01 AM

I'm interested in trying out those K7s now.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 09:46 AM

You could probably order a U-Bar through an Ibanez dealer...but you would have to drill and thread the baseplate for the second bar socket.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
Quote:
Originally Posted by straymond
Yeah- if you don't like the U-Bar, you can always pop it out and put a regular trem bar in on either side.

I don't understand why Ibanez just doesn't offer the U-Bar as a standard option on all of their trems- it'd make (unless I'm greatly mistaken, the new knife edges can be removed, and thus the fact one's curved and one's straight isn't an issue) a rightie trem retrofittable as a leftie, and vice versa, lowering their manufacturing costs, and hell, maybe some people would like the trem bar on top of the trem, who knows... Vaughan sure did...

-D
Well, they still make them for the k7? Its just basically a lo pro with an extra hole? So yeah, make them more widespread. Lo Pro's ruled. As far as the 2 holes.. doesnt that affect the tone on it since its taking out some mass?
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakma!!
Well, they still make them for the k7? Its just basically a lo pro with an extra hole? So yeah, make them more widespread. Lo Pro's ruled. As far as the 2 holes.. doesnt that affect the tone on it since its taking out some mass?
Not a whole lot. In fact, I think it'd add mass by adding the bar holder under the trem (which I'm assuming has more mass to it than the little circle of metal you're removing).

On the other hand, won't you have to route out part of the trem cavity for this modification?
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 02:50 PM

Yeah, you would need to basically create a symmetrical trem cavity with 'wings' for bar holders on either side of the cavity.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakma!!
Not a whole lot. In fact, I think it'd add mass by adding the bar holder under the trem (which I'm assuming has more mass to it than the little circle of metal you're removing).

On the other hand, won't you have to route out part of the trem cavity for this modification?
It just seems that drilling more holes than necessary would take away, seeing as its a little 'bucket' basically, you stick in the bottom, it doesnt exactly add to it, i dunno. maybe i'm wrong . ;p

Tags
floyd rose , ibanez dealer , music store , neck joint , neck joints , paul reed , paul reed smith , reed smith , stephen carpenter , tremolo arm , tremolo bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode