UCGR- need help with neck pocket codes?? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

UCGR- need help with neck pocket codes??

Hi All, I bought a '90 UCGR "Screaming Eagle" for $325 last week. Cosmetically its near perfect. The only finish flaws it has are these: 1 small nick about 2mm on the rear bottom edge and part of the "Z" has been rubbed off the logo. All the hardware is perfect!! no pitting, oxidation, or discoloration anywhere. After disassembly, I found some markings that I need help in identifying. There is a large "H&S"(which I assume to be the heart and soul badging) a 1-26-90 which I assume to be the date. There is also "08/32" in black felt tip pen with a "u" after that. then a "560 IH" stamp with "2H" in pen after that? The heel of the neck has the "H&S" stamp again, with "WALRJ-RT24"?? It also has a small black "A", and a red "U" stamped on it. The guitar was signed by "Pamelina". The configuration is; bridge Hum-dimarzio DP107?(i have no idea what p'up this is) Neck hum- DiMarzio DP151 (PAF). "Edge" trem. coil-tap. reversed headstock with fully bound 24-fretneck with sharktooth inlays. Any help in Identifying this would be greatly appreciated!!! I would also like to find an official model #.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 06:13 PM
Vendor

I can only help with some of those.

H&S was the seperate internal company Hoshino USA setup to do the guitars.

1-26-90 - date

08/32 - possibly written in by Pamelina as an edition #. These weren't made in large quantities.

560 IH - body model code - RG560

WALRJ-RT24 - neck code, Wizard, Abolone, Locking (nut), unclear on the rest except 24 (frets)
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
WALRJ-RT24 - neck code, Wizard, Abolone, Locking (nut), unclear on the rest except 24 (frets)
...Reverse (headstock), Jumbo (frets)

2H - 2 humbuckers

only guesses though..
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Thanx Guys!!!

Thanks for the help rich and Yurich!!! Anybody have any help with model# and possible production totals????
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 07:36 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
no production totals are known. all the info made available thus far is here and in the spec sheet:
http://www.jemsite.com/usa/usa.htm
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

I feel like such a dumbass, but................ was this a regular production "usa"? Was it in ANY sales catalogs? unfortunately, its not mentioned in the specsheet or the "USA CUSTOM" page. Ibanez register shows a pic of it, but of course.....no info? also, I still cannot identify the DP107 DiMarzio. Sorry all, I really thought I was "up" on all my IBANEZ trivia (at least everyone I know beleives me.....fools that they are...lol) but this one really has me stumped!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 09:18 PM

DP107 is the (discontinued) Dimarzio Megadrive. DP157 (Multibucker) ,which is in Dimarzio's current lineup, is said to have a similar sound to the Megadrive.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 10:51 PM
site founder 0% owner

can you post nice, clean photos of this USA Custom? It seems ibanez made some that were not published in the std. catalogs... glen
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

No problem Glen. It'll take me a day or two..... 'Til then it lookes the one at Ibanez register except it has the reversed headstock, sharkstooth, and coil tap.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 12:10 AM
Vendor

Sorry, I just remembered the A is Angled (scarf joint) not Abolone

There are quite a few of these Graphics where only 1 or 2 are known, I tend to call them "samples". An artist would say "Hey, I've got a cool graphic you might like", Ibanez looks at it, says "Let's see how it looks on a guitar, paint one". After that some make the cut and some just don't, but if it was finished, it got sold in those days.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

Thanks soooo much Rich and everyone else!! Rich has ALWAYS been a huge help to me in the past.(a perfect VWH and a gorgeous BFP!....not to mention all the tech stuff that I apparently suck at) Can I assume that this guitar was NOT released to the general public? It does'nt seem likely that I would end up with such an oddity for such a small price, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding info to show me otherwise. "DAMN IBANEZ AND THEIR NON-EXISTANT CATALOGING SYSTEM".......lol I WILL have pics posted the minuite I get my camera back maybe then we can all figure out whats up with this thing.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 12:55 AM
Vendor

[scratches head trying to figure who he sold that combination to!]

As said, I'd consider it a sample, if it's not on the Graphic brochure/poster, and it's definately not in the catalog, then nobody would know it was available to order. Never made it past the board room decision to "produce". Of course I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 12:58 AM
site founder 0% owner

ibanez had a special dealer brochure for the USA Customs and certainly some more "models" of the "custom graphics" were available that never made it into the yearly catalogs. i don't have a copy of the dealer order sheets.

The UCGRs were made based on demand and you cannot assess which UCGRs are more or less common. it's safe to say what you have was widely available to any dealer or customer who ordered the axe, neck and pickup choices aside. enjoy the axe, but there is no need to build it up to be a one-of-a-kind ...glen
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 01:02 AM
Vendor

True, but I've never seen another, of course I don't pay that much attention to them

All you have to do is drop Pamelina a line and ask the right question

http://www.pamelina.com/

BTW, I saw it but I wasn't watching it, if I had been, you'd have paid more
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 01:05 AM
site founder 0% owner

how many cosmic-swirl, Cosmic Swirl II or sea monster UCGRs have you seen forsale

not a very handy way of tracking totals

email Pamelina with nice photos and post back her reply... she is quite personable ...glen

Tags
bridge hum , coil tap , hoshino usa , reversed headstock , scarf joint , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode