THE ULTIMATE 7 STRING - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, you can expect more...but if you play on it, you discover a whole lot. Just from the one pickup i have so many tonal variations with this axe. THe TZ7 in the that position has offered sparkling clean for reggae to country while rolling the tone offers a great smooth jazz tone. The leads soar, and the axe is worth its responsiveness alone. Not much to describe, but its something else to actually play on.

EMG, i dont like em. To dry for me. I like more feel in my pickup. I know alot of people that like the 707 though. WOuld be interesting to hear it though. Actually with this style instrument, i could get a any pickup i want, and interchange it in less than a minute. (well the EMGs are active though...would need to adjust some stuff) Pretty cool system though. So im not limited to the wood or pickups i have now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 10:50 PM

Cool guitar. At first look, I was like, "Say what?" But with a closer inspection, it is truly unique and I applaude your inventiveness. I bet it's really cool to play live and will allow you to meet a lot of new people. When I owned a floral pattern jem people came up to me and wanted to ask about the guitar. It was cool because it was different. Different is cool. Why have a Fender Strat when everyone and their brother seems to have one? Why not own a truly unique guitar...like yours!! I really want a multicolor 7 string. I am thinking of having one made for me.

Peace.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 07:27 AM

That's all well and good, but I had someone come up to me after playing once and say "Hey, nice guitar"...I look around...confused...then assume they must mean my Squire Strat. I look at them all confused and say..."uh...thanks".
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 11:34 PM

Jesus Christ!

Not my style, but it's not my guitar either
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 01:41 AM

Hey Exotic Shredding, my budy that use to work for Norton (his name was Greg, if that rings a bell) remembers when you started that guitar. He seid to tell you that he really digs it.
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

OH WOW!!!! Yeah man. Damn...december 2000. Yeah, he was the first dude to start working on this thing with me. Is he not working there any more? Tell him hello for me! He was one of the dudes involved in making a dream real. Only the first step too. Im ready to this thing even further. Whats up man!
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 01:02 AM

If you want I could send you his e-mail address. He is really into odd axes. He has his 9 string Warrior bass, a fretless 9 on the way and he is looking at getting a 14 string Warr guitar. And Norton is always calling him to come down to the shop. So he might be of some help on the next one you get.
Also I wanted to ask you...When I was playing in a band with Greg we did a show to kind of "showcase" the Nortons and I had a lot of trouble with feedback. I don't use alot of gain and my stage volume is really low. I thought maybe the aluminum rails the pickups were mounted on had something to do with it. It was the red and gold Python 6 string that was kind of a "prototype" and I think it had Duncans in it. Also it was about 2 years ago so the problem might be fixed by now if that was the case. How dose your Norton fair in that area?
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 01:21 AM

the body looks like it came from one of those wierd-ass westone guitars they had out mid-late 80s. Extemely pointy shapes. I cant remember the model name, though.
....interesting...
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Hey man, ide be real curious to see a guitar with a similar body. Ive never heard of that company. I just drew up what feels comfortable to me.
Anyways, you know what...i haven't had a problem with feedback at all. So far its just been medium to lower volumes...but i will be using it for a show in about 2 weeks. Drop me an email or something and i will let you know. I will have to try it out at higher volumes before i go on then. We designed this guitar with my stage rig in mind. Hot as hell Blue Voodo stack. Smooth, rounded clean tone (very jazzy). My gain channel on the other end is scorching. Very hot, crisp tone. Jason Beckerish. High definition. So far i haven't noticed anything. I will look into it though.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 11:00 AM

I actually found a link where you could see one. I remember seeing the ads for these way back when. "The rail" basses have similar features to yours as well.

http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Light...one/frames.htm
the guitar is the "Dynasty"
the Bass is the "Rail" (I see there is a guitar rail too- I didnt know that)

enjoy
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 05:51 AM

Bizarre enough to be dead cool , even though I wouldn't play it myself...

That is one hell of a custom!
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Damn...that Rail Bass is weird as hell! (hahah look who's talkin')
I wonder if those have the same sustain and response. yeah, some pretty crazy instruments on there. Don't ya love dead 80s companies? (im assuming thats what they are...)
You know who makes some weird shapes though... ESP Japan. If you go to the japanese market page for ESP, they have the wildest artist signature models... The Flying A, and some other ****. Pretty crazy.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 12:59 PM

Reviews: 2
nah, the rail bass isnt that wild, its a steinberger knock off with dissections in the middle, which i am sure do NOT help its tone.

and exotic shredding, i love your guitar, great idea, i have a 24 fretless, look at my site down below, can u post more pics of your guitar?
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 05:42 PM

Hey Exotic Shredding, how much did Norton charge you for that custom? I've been looking for a different, exotic company like that to make me a custom guitar for a while . But if you don't post the price I understand.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Hey man, im going to totally post detailed pics on the band site in about a week and a half. Ive been out of town and dont have my stuff to update the page. (i do have the guitar though...) I will post sounds too.
And actually, im not going to list the price i got for this. Norton has my complete business now and they will be getting repeat orders. That's all im saying.

Tags
body shape , clean tone , coil tap , custom guitar , custom shop , fender strat , jason becker , low strings , mahogany body , maple neck , squire strat , tone zone , uli jon roth

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode