The Ultimate Ibanez - something to kill time when we should be working! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 13
The Ultimate Ibanez - something to kill time when we should be working!

This is purely to waste time but as longtime player and appreciator of Ibanez off and on thru the years, I thought it would be fun to combine your favorite features into the ULTIMATE Ibanez. I have had Petrucci's, JEMs, JS models, USA customs and RGs. I was thinking, "what if I were to have any feature I ever wanted in one Ibanez guitar - what would it be?" Well, this is what I came up with:

JEM or RG body with a Lion's Claw trem route but no monkey grip. A Donnie Hunt graphic on the front of the body but the sides and the back would be swirled in the same colors as the front. It would be even cooler if the sides that were swirled were "continuations" of the front graphic - (This would be pretty hard to do). A Double-Edge tremolo with Piezo pickups and dual output jacks. The controls would be set up like a Petrucci model (3 way toggle, volume, tone, piezo volume with the 3-way toggle for the piezo blend near by). The fingerboard would be rosewood with a DNA-style strand that had LEDs on the 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 12th, 15th, 17th, 19th, 21st and 24th frets. The last 4 frets would be scalloped too. The LEDs would be random colored as well (one or two red ones, three or 4 blue ones and four or five green ones). The headstock would be reversed and it would be black with the logo color-matched to the Donnie graphic. Cosmo-chrome hardware throughout... Pickups would be a D-Sonic in the bridge (blue and white) and an Air Norton in the neck (blue and purple). No middle pickup...

Well? What do you guys think? I know it's silly but I was bored at work today...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 05:01 PM

Re: The Ultimate Ibanez - something to kill time when we should be working!

Glad I am not signing your paycheck =)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Smile Re: The Ultimate Ibanez - something to kill time when we should be working!

Good point! I am actually in one of those situations where I had to block off a whole day to interview some candidates so I have free time in between grilling people on BizTalk, SQL Server and .NET... it's a free day and I am hanging out HERE! Better than MySpace, right?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 05:21 PM

Why waste time talking about it when you can get out there and make it a reality?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 05:41 PM

Reality is so much more expensive.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddersymphony View Post
Why waste time talking about it when you can get out there and make it a reality?
Hey there! Are you kidding? The body I can see but the neck??? Besides, that only took me less than 5 minutes to type that! LOL - I would love to be able to get a neck like that though... Any ideas on how?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 07:25 PM

I always thought it would be cool to have a RG body as thin as a S body.

Make it 24 fret, HSH, Edge pro or ZR, maple fretboard option avaliable, small dot inlay like on prestiges, I would have a pickguard on there, a slim 550! I'd buy that.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 08:24 PM

iŽd buy it instantly if the leds were all blue lol

Tags
air norton , chrome hardware , dot inlay , edge trem , maple fret , maple fretboard , monkey grip , petrucci model , piezo pickup , piezo pickups

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode