Upgrade the tremolo on RG1570 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2019, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Upgrade the tremolo on RG1570

Hello,

I'd like to replace the Edge Pro trem system on my RG1570 built at FujiGen Gakki on May 2006. It's a J-Craft US stock model, bought in San Diego.

Is it possible to replace it with a more modern Edge system or put in a Floyd Rose on that guitar?

What options do I have?

Cheers,
Ove
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 06:05 PM

The Edge Pro is a modern system. What do you want to replace it with? I've heard that an Original Edge won't slot in due to the different route. An upgrade on the Edge Pro would be to add locking posts i.e.:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F143299491573

Otherwise, it's a very good system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranheim View Post
Hello,

I'd like to replace the Edge Pro trem system on my RG1570 built at FujiGen Gakki on May 2006. It's a J-Craft US stock model, bought in San Diego.

Is it possible to replace it with a more modern Edge system or put in a Floyd Rose on that guitar?

What options do I have?

Cheers,
Ove
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 10:51 PM

Reviews: 120
Re: Upgrade the tremolo on RG1570

Exactly as above! The Edge Pro is a more modern design than the Edge, and bar the stock exemption of locking studs, is a mighty fine system. And as mentioned, you can upgrade to locking studs easily.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 11:10 PM

You can't really replace an Edge Pro with another Ibanez trem without seriously modifying the guitar, but I think an Original Floyd Rose will fit, not done it myself though so might wanna confirm that.

That said, as others mentioned the Edge Pro is one of the best trem systems money can buy, replace the posts with the locking ones (if you feel the need) and it's effectively a more modern one than what Ibanez currently use on their high end guitars. Ibanez went back to the past to the Original Edge and Lo-Pro Edge due to their popularity, but barring the locking studs (which you can upgrade) the Edge Pro is just as good, better if you like the modern features.

What's wrong with your current trem?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 02:55 AM

And tune it, bring it down, and retune it, then bring down until strings are not slipping, so you need to tune it to that moment of returning for down. ( when you are not playing string can move but before you start playing, bring tremolo down, return it and THEN check tuning.

It will help if you do not have to many winding on post, and many times people have bad restring technique, and strings are slipping through post.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 03:25 AM

And forgot to mention, Edge pro is my favorite trem. I like sound chip that nobody is mentioning. But if you want to change it without modification Schaller tremolo with short string holder screws is good candidate.

https://schaller.info/en/tremolos/359/schaller-tremolo

Tags
ibanez , rg1570

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode