USA Custom Master Thread - Page 7 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 263 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 01:50 PM

Re: USA Custom Master Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastmerc View Post
That is sweet....I will be happy to accept it as a birthday present
A birthday present for yourself maybe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 263 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 02:46 PM

Maybe I missed it but I don't think I saw the Tiger print mentioned anywhere? (1990 serial#)

post #93 of 263 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
racewood top
Racewood

Excellent Japanese translation. It's "lacewood". There are good pictures of one of these on page 2 of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by van01010100 View Post
Maybe I missed it but I don't think I saw the Tiger print mentioned anywhere? (1990 serial#)
I've seen two pics of this finish but don't know what to make of it. That headstock would usually make it a '91 model but the '91 catalog doesn't show that finish. The 1990 poster shows a finish called "Jungle Cat" that looks a lot like "Metal Leopard" but not exactly. I've never found a picture of the "Jungle Cat" finish, which might be what this is.
post #94 of 263 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 04:07 PM

That's the predator, think it was intruduced 1989. I know att least one member here on jemsite who has it.
post #95 of 263 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Yeah that's the name I saw on the other one. But there's no reference to that name in the order form, the poster or any catalogs.
post #96 of 263 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
Racewood

Excellent Japanese translation. It's "lacewood". There are good pictures of one of these on page 2 of this thread.

I've seen two pics of this finish but don't know what to make of it. That headstock would usually make it a '91 model but the '91 catalog doesn't show that finish. The 1990 poster shows a finish called "Jungle Cat" that looks a lot like "Metal Leopard" but not exactly. I've never found a picture of the "Jungle Cat" finish, which might be what this is.
Umm I didn't even know there was a wood called lacewood, I just translated it as I best saw fit based on my lack of knowledge of wood names
post #97 of 263 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Yeah that's the name I saw on the other one. But there's no reference to that name in the order form, the poster or any catalogs.
there was a magazine adv for it.
I found it once, try to google it again if it's still there.

The adv is like this : an 80 shredder holding it, it was a single humbucker with dot inlays ( if I remember it correctly). It would be easier if I remember that 80 shredder's name.

Last edited by psychoshredder; 08-30-2014 at 10:23 PM.
post #98 of 263 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 03:31 AM

In fact this is correct, there is an add with Stevie Blaze holding the predator. Edit: Found the add

Last edited by B.B.A.; 08-31-2014 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Picture
post #99 of 263 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 04:28 AM

that's exactly the adv.
forgot the dude is stevie blaze.
post #100 of 263 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 04:36 AM

Those USA customs are hot. I love that tiger one. Wish I had it
post #101 of 263 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Those USA customs are hot. I love that tiger one. Wish I had it
very hot! in fact I need to store it in a frozen case in order not to burning my house..
just kidding.
post #102 of 263 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.B.A. View Post
In fact this is correct, there is an add with Stevie Blaze holding the predator. Edit: Found the add

Haha awesome, thanks for finding that
post #103 of 263 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Umm I didn't even know there was a wood called lacewood, I just translated it as I best saw fit based on my lack of knowledge of wood names
That's not the funny part. It's extremely common in Japanese to English translations to substitute the letter "r" in place of the letter "l". I think it has something to do with a lack of a sound for the letter "l".
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoshredder View Post
that's exactly the adv.
forgot the dude is stevie blaze.
Yeah I've never seen that before. Very cool! It doesn't specifically mention the finish name, but it's odd that it doesn't appear in any of the other literature or on the order sheet.
post #104 of 263 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
That's not the funny part. It's extremely common in Japanese to English translations to substitute the letter "r" in place of the letter "l". I think it has something to do with a lack of a sound for the letter "l".

Yeah I've never seen that before. Very cool! It doesn't specifically mention the finish name, but it's odd that it doesn't appear in any of the other literature or on the order sheet.
Uh, I speak Japanese fluently, I know all that already

I've spent more than 15 years of my life with the Japanese language, which is why I translated it as Race. I had no idea there was a wood called Lacewood, otherwise I would have translated it properly it has nothing to do with my Japanese skill, it's my lack of knowledge about woods used in guitars that caused this mistake.
post #105 of 263 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
that's different story, I was reading it somewhere they call it 'predator'.
Because, before knowing it's called 'predator', I just call it tiger or tiger stripe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode