USA Custom Revolution - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

USA Custom Revolution

I am about to receive a USA Custom USRG10 and now that i am getting one it makes me even madder at ibanez. First of all it really discusts me that they stopped making guitars in the usa custom shop and the LACS. I am also discusted that many of the high end models are only available in Japan (J custom, 77FP, PGM300). I find this unfair. It isn't like we have any guitars that they do not have. The least they could do is return the favor. It is pitiful when you have almost three times as many low end models as high end models. They also take away the Lo Pro and Edge to the public but the endorsees get to keep playing them. *cough* *cough* bs *cough* *cough* First of all, i believe that the amateur guitar player should be considered just as important as any big rock star. It also makes me angry that they do not make a high end AX with a locking trem and some pickups worth taking a dump on. It seems like the new ibanez is all about the japanese and the only Americans they tolerate are the ones who put out records. I think they need a big wake up call and i'm not afraid to say it.

Of course...i could be wrong. (Just thought i would put in a dennis miller quote)

Someone please help me calm down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 09:02 PM

Ibanez is a Japanese company. Why does it come as such a huge surprise to some that they offer a broader and deeper product lineup in their domestic market? Do you think Fender and Gibson (or for that matter, GM, Ford, Chrysler, etc.) export every model in their line to Europe and Asia?

Exporting finished products to another country can be tricky. Taxes and duty fees can push the price of many products above an acceptable range in the destination country. So companies export what they think will sell well at prices the market will tolerate. They can't cater to everyone, so they cater to the most profitable market segments with the most profitable products.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Well answer me this: Why doesn't Ibanez just make up a branch in the US? That seems very logical to me considering most of there endorsees are american.
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 10:19 PM
Vendor

The LACS is still in operation, for endorcee's only of course.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Well, am i the only person who finds that to be bs?
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 10:29 PM
Vendor

Lots of bellyaching considering you just bought a guitar that wasn't even built by Ibanez
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 10:36 PM

American labour is expensive. Mass-producing guitars here just wouldn't be practical or cost-effective. Custom Shop instruments (if they were available to the public) would probably be poor value compared to some of the other stuff available on the market.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 10:42 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
yup. ibanez has no capability in the USA for mass-market, nevermind ibanez sells mostly "junk" guitars and won't have customers for "custom shop" american guitars at boutique prices.

not to spoil the rant, but we'll be pleasantly surprised if any Ibanez guitars are even made in Japan in a few years... glen
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 10:45 PM

wy duz it mader if theyr arnt any Amerikan or USA Cuztom modelz nemore? it shore duz discust me dat onlee endorcees git them.

It's like reading the handwritten first-person biography of a drunken chimpanzee. Do some research-there are PLENTY of Ibanez artists from around the world. The bottom line is that it's a Japanese company and will therefore ALWAYS have production based in Japan. That's their biggest market. That's where they make the most money.

I you really want a model that's only available in the Japanese market, there are a couple of ways to get them. Easily. Do some research and take advantage of the knowledge base that this site offers.

This is also a topic that has been discussed at length in MANY previous threads. Don't be lazy-do some research. You might even learn that your USRG10 wasn't even made by Ibanez. Another fact that can easily be found if you actually do some research on this very site:

I'll even make it easy and give you the link: http://www.jemsite.com/usa/index.htm

Of course, the logical place for this entire thread would seem to be the "Comments to Ibanez" section which resides a mere 9 sections down on this Forum.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but illiteracy and laziness are two things that give this country a bad reputation. There's really no excuse for either-especially not if you have internet access.

*Suggestion: if you're even going to THINK of quoting Dennis Miller, do yourself a favor and at least learn to spell at or above a 4th Grade level. I'm sure that Mr. Miller would be quite "discusted" with your post.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 11:58 PM

I'd just be happy if Ibanez would offer select USA Dealers the approtunity to sell new JCustom models.
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaijem777
wy duz it mader if theyr arnt any Amerikan or USA Cuztom modelz nemore? it shore duz discust me dat onlee endorcees git them.

It's like reading the handwritten first-person biography of a drunken chimpanzee.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but illiteracy and laziness are two things that give this country a bad reputation. There's really no excuse for either-especially not if you have internet access.

*Suggestion: if you're even going to THINK of quoting Dennis Miller, do yourself a favor and at least learn to spell at or above a 4th Grade level. I'm sure that Mr. Miller would be quite "discusted" with your post.
The guy spelled one word wrong, and you rip into him like this? Maybe you weren't trying to be a dick, but you sure came across as one.
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren wilson
The guy spelled one word wrong, and you rip into him like this? Maybe you weren't trying to be a dick, but you sure came across as one.
It's more than the simple misspelling. It's the fact that he's obviously too lazy to even think of looking up any of the readily available info on the very topic that he's bitching about. This EXACT topic has only been discussed repeatedly on this site.

If you think I'm being a dick, well...tough $hit. Feel free to start a thread and whine about it. Try using the Forum's "Search" function first though- I'm sure you'll find that there are a couple of past threads that have already beat you to it.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 12:26 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
either way we need to post in a more civil manner ...glen
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 12:34 AM

A more civil manner? There are few things more civil than proper grammar, correct syntax and common sense.

*And for those of you that are giggling uncontrollably- "syntax" is NOT a feminine hygiene product.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 12:41 AM

I'm pretty anal about spelling and grammar, but i'm also pretty big on tact and diplomacy. Moderators should be leading by example for how people should be conducting themselves on the site. Your reply was WAY beyond what was necessary, in my opinion.

Tags
andy martin , custom models , custom shop , darren wilson , edge trem , edge trems , ibanez guitars , locking stud , locking studs , playing guitar , production model , rob balducci , usa custom shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode