Usa Custom ?unknown? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2004, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

Usa Custom ?unknown?

Does anyone know who painted this guitar? It's nice and plays well. EMG pick up, takes a 9v battery.

Serial number F915377

can some one help me out?

thanks

usa91[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2004, 07:47 AM

Looks like something by Pamelina. If it's an original USA Custom finish, there should be a signature somewhere I think .
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2004, 02:23 PM

In middle school, there was this guitar player I really admired, and his teacher had that same guitar. That's all I know about it.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2004, 05:02 PM

Id agree looks like a pamelina. Ugly as hell but i bet the quality is nice.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

It is pretty ugly but i don't think it's a pamelina... it doesn't have her excentricity and there isn't a face in it.

=It was purchased from Ibanez by Roselle Music in Roselle Illinois.

If that helps.

There is no signature but the paint is a lil bumpy in some places and the black covers on the back are still half masked from painting.

Thanks guys.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 01:08 PM

You could always try asking Pamelina if it's something that she did or not

http://www.pamelina.com/pamelina_001.htm
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 04:25 AM Thread Starter

i did send her an e-mail, but no response yet.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 04:01 PM

If the back panels are still masked i would say custom job all the way. The other pickup caviites could have been filled as well. Have you ever had the neck off?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 04:52 PM

It's an original USAC. It's one of those weird ones that never made the catalogs, but made production on a smaller scale. I've got one, and I've seen several others. It's not a Pamelina, either. The artist's initials are "SRK" or "SAK", signed along side the cigarette holder (on mine, at least).
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 05:56 PM

mine has no signature unfortunatley..

My other name wouldn't let me log in so i made this one...

You guys have been a real help! Thanks a million.

It still has the masking on the back...

i took it off some of the panels but it's still there. They did a good job of putting that stuff on.

Do you know what the value of this guitar is?

it's not in the catalogs so i don't know what to base my own appraisal on.

thanks

~C
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 11:02 PM

usa rg custom

I have a USA custom sheet(photo and order) that has your guitar on it.Its call "LAST CIGARETTE" I'm not sure who painted it. I have one thats also on the same sheet mines called the "MUSIC OF THE SPHERE" and my serial no. starts with 8907XX its got a few others on the sheet including "THE NECROMANCERS CASTLE","ROAD SONG","DARK HORSE",GRAVE SITUATION","GET IT AWAY",DIGITAL MADNESS"as well as the "METAL LEOPARD",SILVER RAIN,LIZARD,SILVERSNAKE,REPTILIAN

The other sheet is the custom order form. it says add $100 for the custom graphic you could pick any other option you wanted. I believe its from 89 or 90.

This is a different sheet then the one shown on here (Graffic Design poster ) the one I have is not the same one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode