USRG10 - Opinions/Info Appreciated - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-10-2001, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

USRG10 - Opinions/Info Appreciated

Anyone care to enlighten me as to the specs on this guitar? *

Also a hands on report would be nice. *I have heard good and bad things about the PBC neck, so I am especially interested in info about it.

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-10-2001, 01:47 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
USRG10

Great axe. Many more details to follow later this week. I'd love to have one.. fixed bridge USRG made by PBC w/ the tension-free neck. Several translucent colors. WMC had them around $750 new w/ case. I kick myself for passing on one

If you find an extra in a natural color (amber, etc) please email... glen
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-10-2001, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

USRG10

The USRG 10 is the one with the fixed bridge right? or...?
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-10-2001, 02:53 PM
site founder 0% owner

USRG10

Quote:
Quote: from jono on 2:28 pm on Jan. 10, 2001
The USRG 10 is the one with the fixed bridge right? or...?
Yes.

USRG10 - fixed bridge, AA top
USRG20 - lopro edge, AA top
USRG30 - lopro edge, AAA top, bound fretboard
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-10-2001, 02:56 PM
site founder 0% owner

USRG10

BTW - see the Jemsite --> Vault --> Downloads area for catalog scans of the USRGs... glen
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-10-2001, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

USRG10

Thanks Glen.

I'd still like some info on the PBC neck!

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-10-2001, 03:28 PM
site founder 0% owner

USRG10

Quote:
Quote: from kirk on 3:18 pm on Jan. 10, 2001
Thanks Glen.

I'd still like some info on the PBC neck!

Very soon. In the meantime there is a thread how to adjust in the discus forum FAQ Topic area
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-18-2001, 02:51 PM

USRG10

I briefly owned a USRG10 about a year ago. While I thought it looked & sounded fine, I just didn't care for the neck all that much. It was a little too narrow for my tastes which made the string spacing too close together. As I said though, with a mahogany body (I think) & maple top combined with *Tone Zone & PAF pickups it really sounded great. I ended up buying a RG3120 later and it really is close to being *the same guitar except for the obvious differences (LoPro/wider neck,etc...). Hope this made some sense...
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-18-2001, 09:55 PM

USRG10

I got a USRG10 recently - there are pics on my site with a cursory description if anyone's interested. Any or all "factoids" in the description could be in error at this point - I just wanted to get something up to work with. Researched info and a link to Glen's cool new USA Custom Spec page will be added shortly...

http://www.magma.ca/~jimid/guitars/usrg10.htm
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-20-2001, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

USRG10

Jim, you thief! *You stole that guitar from me! *I see Danny came through!

Thankfully, I found a USRG30TP in mint condition. *It'll be here next Wednesday, and I will try to provide Jemsite with any info on the guitars that I can.

I may need to get some info on adjustments from you Jim, I have never dealt with the type of neck that is found on these monsters!
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-20-2001, 10:10 PM

USRG10

That's me! Jimi "the sneak thief" D

- you know Kirk, I wouldn't have made the deal in the first place if I'd known he made one with you first *but I'm glad you found one too! *

I don't know what I can tell you as far as set up info is concerned. I popped the little silver plug out from the hole between the neck bolts and used a small-ish hex wrench to add a little relief to the neck by turning the bolt counter clockwise (just like a truss rod)... The neck is very similar to the JPM neck, but it feels a little strange at first because it resonates so vibrantly in your hand - it's a neat feeling! Anyway, what with my USRG being a fixed bridge, I had it set up and tuned up just the way I like it in about 30 minutes - and as far as I can tell, the neck hasn't moved since.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-20-2001, 11:25 PM
site founder 0% owner

USRG10

Nice axe Jimi. I wonder why that is marked 'S'econd (on the tip of the back of the headstock). Is there any overt blemishes on that? Maybe ibanez did that when they cleared them out of inventory. Enjoy... glen
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-21-2001, 01:53 AM

USRG10

That's a sweet looking axe dude, I love the flame on it, very deep. *MMMMM nice
Jeremy
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-21-2001, 02:19 AM

USRG10

I have a USRG30 that has an S on the back of the headstock (towards the bottom) as well as the word "used" engraved in the wood on the back of the headstock (at the top of the headstock). I Never found out why it is there!
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-21-2001, 03:12 AM Thread Starter

USRG10

zabitha, as Glen had previsouly stated, the guitar you own is a factory "S"econd. *Normally, these are instruments that didn't pass QC, but did well enough in QC to be sold in the consumer market place. *

In a perfect world, the QC would hold high standards. *Hopefully their standards exceed our own expectations of the guitars we are buying. *In this perfect world, a guitar may not pass QC if there is even a miniscule "flaw" visible only through an atomic microscope.

Tags
fixed bridge , jpm neck , mahogany body , neck bolts , pro edge , tone zone , truss rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode