USRG30 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

USRG30

Just wondering what peoples opinins were on the USRG30(and the USRG10 for that matter) as far as tone and playability.

Also what is the current going rate for one that is in decent shape?

Quick Rant....
WTF doesn't Ibanez offer more options in the RG line(s line aswell). They need more variety. I'm currently playing an RG3120TW. They finally came out with a red one. I'm not to crazy about the red but they should have a half a dozen different colors for that model. Even more for the 570 and 550's. And why they don't offer a S5xx with a lopro is beyond me. It's like someone isn't thinking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 03:26 PM

USRG30

Going price is between $600-$700.

They offered the S 540 for a number of years, before discontinuing it in 99.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 10:46 AM

USRG30

I love my USRG10, tho' the neck's a little chunkier than I like. It's beautiful to look at and the neck is incredibly stable - I live in Ottawa, where the weather runs extremes from densely humid 100 degree F summers to desperately dry -40 degree F winters, and I'm used to the kind of nearly constant truss rod tweaking those kinds of changes entail on most guitars, but the USRG neck never moves. I might swap out the Tone Zone in the bridge for a Steve's Special some day, but the PAF Pro at the neck is sweet. My USRG10 has a bound finger board - which the production ones did not have.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 10:48 AM

USRG30

I love my USRG10, tho' the neck's a little chunkier than I like. It's beautiful to look at and the neck is incredibly stable - I live in Ottawa, where the weather runs extremes from densely humid 100 degree F summers to desperately dry -40 degree F winters, and I'm used to the kind of nearly constant truss rod tweaking those kinds of changes entail on most guitars, but the USRG neck never moves. I might swap out the Tone Zone in the bridge for a Steve's Special some day, but the PAF Pro at the neck is sweet. My USRG10 has a bound finger board - which the production ones did not have.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 03:46 PM

USRG30

The necks on those things for some reason feel like Steel painted over with wood. *They just seem ROCK SOLID, probably because of the Tension-free system in them.
I have had 2 over the last few years and loved them. *I only got rid of them to fry bigger fish.
I dont have a REAL acute ear like some people, so I cant give you an accurate tonal rating on them.

Get one!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2001, 04:06 PM

Reviews: 2
USRG30

I have a USRG-30 that I picked up in March. I love it. The neck is really different from the regular Rg *series. *It's kinda stratty, but thinner. *All around, it's built like a tank and sounds great. Very easy to get a smooth lead tone with the tone zone, though pretty soon I'm going to be putting my old x2n in there for more chunk. One thing that I absolutely love about this guitar is the seriously scooped neck joint. I tried out a 3120 a while back and hated it because the neck joint seemed blocky compared to the USRG. The neck joint on the USRG is very much out of the way. For a reference, I'm running it through a Johnson jm120. It sounds killer. The only thing about the USRG that I don't like is that the clean tone kind of lacks with the pups it has. No sparkle. Maybe its just me. I would have liked the possibility of a single coil in the middle, maybe a dimarzio blue velvet. *But I'm very happy with the way this guitar has worked out so far. *I do love not having to adjust the neck every month, though. I live just south of Montreal on the US side and the weather is kind of extreme here. It was around 90 degrees last week and it gets down to around -20 to -30 in the winter and so far, no real problems. But only time will tell. Good luck in the hunt, though. Mine sat in the back of a "country"music store for the better part of 7 years before I could finally hack the cash. $725 used in really nice condition. *

Tags
clean tone , dimarzio blue velvet , finger board , music store , neck joint , paf pro , tone zone , truss rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode