UV7 vs RG7620 - Page 4 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 05:51 AM

Dylan - have you seen Demolition Man? Can you imagine how much fun it would be if we all got along?

Be well!
Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-18-2002, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegreenman
You can't spray it heavier, it has to be applied as thin as anything, or it just physically won't spray.
Ok. see, i just thought it took a few more coats. And red being more expensive? no crap. buy a red car. 6 months and two driving tickets later, look at your auto insurance.
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-18-2002, 05:30 PM

Actualy, I think red cars have lower insurance, because they stand out more, and people avoid them. This might be counterbalanced by speeding tickets though. . .
post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 01:01 PM

i havent really tried the UVs although I have tried a 7620. To be honest i think that they are both great, BUT, if i could have a 7620 or a UV777P, I would go for the UV every time.
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 05:02 PM

OK here's some of my reasoning, if you can call it that:

Pro 7620:
∑ I don't like single coils so that's a plus for the 7620.
∑ Slightly nicer neck profile for me.
∑ AANJ (ok, PBK has that too).
∑ No pickguard, hate them.
∑ Price.
∑ More discrete/classy look. Especially compared to the 7BK and 7VWH and...yes, the 77MC.

Pro UV
∑ Better QC.
∑ Slightly better pickups but would just as the 7620 have to be ridden of those DiMarzios in favour of something more...nicer.
∑ Not discontinued (PBK) :\

Cons 7620/UV
∑ They "both" have inlays. Especially the fading pyramid inlays are ghastly ugly :)
∑ They "both" have too many controls, I want neither tone nor volume pots, just an on/off single throw volume mini-switch.

No one cares but hey...
post #51 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 12:13 PM

I belive that the UV777PBK and the RG7620 are both equally amazing guitars..........to different people. You see, Nu-metalers (like myself) would perfectly go for the 7620 (im trying to get 1 2nd hand) although Vai fans (like myself!! ) would go for the UV. The prob is for me, i like both, So Im stuck for a while
post #52 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 01:52 PM

Hey, guys... i know you're new and you mean well and really want to participate, but before you post to a topic, just take a look at the date of the last post.

Topics that are more than a month old tend to be stale and don't need to be resurrected. Unless you have timely or new information to add, dredging up all these two- and three-month-old topics just brings up old conversations that had long been resolved and/or forgotten.
post #53 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 07:35 PM

Reviews: 4
Re: UV7 vs RG7620

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcord View Post
RG7620s are fantastic guitars and are quite the equal to the older UV7s in nearly all respects. They're both made of the same materials and have the same hardware. The only thing "superior" about the UV line is the pickups, and that's subjective.

And, there was an RG760, BTW.
That is so subjective that I prefer the RG7620 to the UV777P.
And I had both at home, side by side, setup by me... same amp, same gear...

Tags
aanj neck , access neck joint , air norton , body shape , coil pickup , control knobs , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , direct mounted pickups , fixed bridge , fret board , guitar players , ibanez guitars , jem neck , john petrucci , maple neck , mounted pickups , neck binding , neck finish , neck joint , neck shape , prestige necks , pro edge , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , scratch plate , signature guitar , steve vai , tone zone , volume pots , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

where can i buy ibanez rg7620
RG7620 a bad guitar?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode