Value My Guitar, Please... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Value My Guitar, Please...

Hey chaps,

thinking of parting with my 540PII (if that's the right model number, sources don't tend to agree - it's the 22-fret model associated with Alex Skolnick).

Just coming to the end of Uni in the next couple of weeks, so I might decide against it when I've more time to play but most of the time I feel I have guitars I get on with better than this one. Nothing wrong with it, it's a super guitar but I'm not as much into heavy metal music as I was when I bought it and it's a shame for it to sit in the case as they seem pretty sought after.

It's black, and has a couple of chips in the paint - mainly thanks to the champion I bought it off who didn't pack it properly. I thought the stock pickups could be improved upon, so to keep it as original as possible I had them rewound by Hayden at Bulldog Pickups (on the original bobbins and original covers were replaced, so it all looks stock).

At the moment, there's a Bulldog Black Label pickup in the bridge and a tremel-no fitted in the back but I'd be happy to remove these if people would more likely prefer it with the F3 back in the bridge and the springs put back in.

I'll stick some pictures up when I get chance, but it's just as described.

Thanks in advance, chaps.

Last edited by sam_m; 05-10-2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: photo added
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 10:50 AM

Re: Value My Guitar, Please...

I think you'll get more responses with pictures.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Done.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 11:57 AM

Reviews: 2

That's nice, it'd be a shame to part it out. I doubt you'd have much trouble selling it as is.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberthrall View Post
That's nice, it'd be a shame to part it out.
I agree
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 07:28 PM

Reviews: 120

He didn't say he was parting it out, he said he would part with it, eg. pass or sell on to someone else.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Ah yes, quite right.

Apologies if there was any confusion!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 08:59 PM

Reviews: 25

yep i like it alot....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 11:45 PM

It will be worth more in original condition. I have seen a huge difference in prices on these. Two years ago, I bought one for $600 and sold it for $1100 in the same condition.

Tags
540pii content

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode