Variaxe Owners got some questions for ya - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Variaxe Owners got some questions for ya

Was wondering if someone who owns it could maybe send me some sound samples of the les paul neck pick up with lead tone and les paul bridge with some crunchy rhythm tone.

And then the acoustic tones..

I seen the website and to be honest I rather hear it from a recording of someone not using $1000s of dollars of studio gadgetry..

Heck if someone who owns one wants to show off, and make a video using the variaxe ill host it for ya to show off your skills.

I know its a big request but if someone could do it that would be awesome. I went to play one today but the store was soooooo busy I couldnt really truly audition it the way I wanted to.

Thanks
Brett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 01:01 PM

Re: Variaxe Owners got some questions for ya

i just sold a variax 500 with the custom neck on ****,didn't care for it.sound wise i could not get a good les paul sound,strat sound etc.sounded to me like all the models were just eq'd a little dfferent,the banjo and all the reso sounds were there just as filler,and not really usefull,the 12 string imo sounded like crap,(and everyone at the line 6 board says the same thing)not usefull at all.
though it does work good with a podxtlive to have the patch and the guitar set up in each switch.quality was fine imo.and with the piezo pickups i think it can never get to where the models should be.also it is electronic and electronics die.so any regular guitar i buy if a pup dies i can pop in a new noe not with the varix.you gotta buy a whole guitar.basically all the guitars didn't come close enough to any of the guitars i have heard(not that i know what all guitars sound like)but i wanted it for the strat,and a les paul and the acoustic.but they never got there for me.i get better acoustic style tones woth my ipe lp,bit of reverb,neck pickup
hope it helps
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 01:11 PM

Re: Variaxe Owners got some questions for ya

I run a 500 through an XT live for the acoustic sounds for my church band, and I really love it. I can't stand acoustic guitars so it really works for me. And, I use the 12 string Martin sound sparingly and it works for finger style but not strumming. I don't use the Les Paul models often, but the Strat models are killer.

Tags
acoustic guitar , les paul , neck pickup , piezo pickup , piezo pickups , strat sound

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode