Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Very realistic guitar designer!

14K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  williamswilliamd4 
#1 ·
Hey all. I think this is the right place to post this...

I found a great virtual guitar designer, VERY realistic.

It's for the Les Paul style only, but you get over it when you see the realism of the results. :D

Apologies if this is already known...

http://www.frankmontag.com/hobbys/custom_lp_style_guitar.htm

NOTE: It does take soem time to load, but with good reason. :D

#10 ·
I have to say that is an amazing virtual guitar builder. If it's even remotely related to something people do to LPs in included and it looks great. I wish it had other guitars too.

Well, it is a bit boring I guess for someone in love with Ibanez style guitars, but here is my creation so far. My father has a Gibson ES-175 Custom in this scheme and I have always loved the looks of it but not it's holow body traits. I used to dream about getting an LP custom like that and rockout to a huge crowd. I can remember listening to Jimmy Page and thinking I would be the next, but with a guitar like this instead of the honey burst LP he had.

So I designed this LP like that except without the pickgaurd and with quilted maple instead of flamed (that was a tough desicision). Everything else, even down to the inlays, is just like my pop's ES (aside from the headstock shape, control lay out and branding which you can't change).

My tastes have changed quite a bit I'm not really inot LPs as far as playing them goes. They are nice to look at and sound great, just not comfortable to me. Now I prefer super strats and regular strats, but you can't deny that LPs can have an influence over you when you see a beautiful one.

#11 ·
My father has a Gibson ES-175 Custom in this scheme and I have always loved the looks of it but not it's holow body traits. <snipped for space> Everything else, even down to the inlays, is just like my pop's ES (aside from the headstock shape, control lay out and branding which you can't change).
Is there an ES-175 Custom? I never heard of that one...maybe he's got an L-4? Any pics of Dad's 175? (I'm a BIG fan of the 175, never without one (or the equivalent 70's Ibanez copy) in my arsenal)

#18 ·
I see computer use is not intuitive to you, young squire!

Sorry, condescension aside, you press PrtScn (Print Screen), then open up your picture editing program (MSPaint, Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop or whatever), press Ctrl+V, then crop as you so desire. Save it, and upload it to photobucket/imageshack or whatever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.