VIne INlay - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

VIne INlay

guys wer can i buy one?..

fretboard with vine inlays..

thnx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Dee

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Re: VIne INlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
thnx sir for the reply
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 11:47 AM
Dee

No sweat. Shop around, though. I would recommend a custom build but I'm not so sure these days after seeing some of the "less than desirable" ones being banged out by some of the custom builders. The best luthiers are currently very busy. Keep an eye on e-Bay. Also, you could post a thread in the classified ads section here. Title the thread "WTB: Ibanez JEM neck with vine" or something. There's a good chance someone will have one for sale. Good luck!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 11:48 AM

Wait for it, " I have lots of pounds waiting for Vine neck for my brothers birthday the is coming up days near to now"

Scam surely!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Dee

Pardon? Are you saying the guy is a scammer? I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, if so.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 12:09 PM

Question Re: VIne INlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemjr View Post
guys wer can i buy one?..
fretboard with vine inlays..
thnx
Just a question... You want to upgrade the neck on a Jem333?

I wouldn't do that. The Jem333/Jem555 is not worth such an investment. I'd go for a player condition used Jem7VWH. But that's just me.

Regards,

JP
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission1979 View Post
Wait for it, " I have lots of pounds waiting for Vine neck for my brothers birthday the is coming up days near to now"

Scam surely!
Sorry, bad day at the office, should be more trusting.

I second the suggestion of getting a good second hand guitar with a vine already installed if your going for something similar to what you've got already.

You can sell your existing guitar and get some money back.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 02:29 PM

One thing you all forget (or probably don't even know) is that most of the Jem333 users are from Latinamerica. We have our own currency, and don't use US Dollars in our everyday deals. Because of our politics and economic problems (specially in Argentina), not everybody can afford to buy an Ibanez JEM7VWH. 3000 bucks, in our local currancy, it's too much money! Of course, there is a lot of people who owns the good stuff, but most of us, can only buy the cheapest. Sometimes, you get a pretty fine instrument even though it's not THE JEM7VWH, you can invest some money to upgrade it. So, when somebody ask for advice on how to upgrade his/her instrument, before answering things like "your guitar isn't worth the investment" or things like that, think that maybe this person doesn't have the money to buy a top-of-the-line guitar (and I include myself in this category). So, help him/her with the information if you have it. Don't make him/her feel excluded just 'cause he/she didn't have enough money to buy a better guitar. One last thing, even used JEM's are expensive. Please, consider people's situation before answering them, specially when the questions are related to this kind of guitars. That's all. Thanks, and sorry.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Dee

Don't apologize, the situation is understandable. Good luck man.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush View Post
So, when somebody ask for advice on how to upgrade his/her instrument, before answering things like "your guitar isn't worth the investment" or things like that, think that maybe this person doesn't have the money to buy a top-of-the-line guitar (and I include myself in this category).
You can only answer the specific question asked; you can't read minds and extrapolate out all of the information you are suggesting we could assume is in every question. I think if you look back at the original question, there is very little information in it. You can't even tell if the poster wants a neck or just a fretboard. In that situation, you will see all kinds of answers, from directions to sources for necks and parts, and advice on how to best make sure the money you spend isn't simply tossed away making a piece of junk more shiny. That's what happened here, multiple options. That's what happens; someone will post one or two options, and other posters will come on with other options or opinions. You need to take an entire thread into consideration, the way the other posters in the thread do. If you take exception to a single post in a thread like this, especially where individual posters are adding to the options raised in the original post, you miss the whole point of the thread. Please keep in mind that far from being casual about someone's situation, we are all trying to help the buyer plainly see all the options available to him, and the possible consequences of some of the possible decisions avaialble.

jim
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 09:11 PM

I have a maple fretboard with blue vine inlay pieces im selling.. of course, you would have to install it yourself or get someone to put it on your guitar for you.. but if your interested, pm me.. ill let it go for like $50 shipped in north america
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 02:03 AM

I understand what you mean, Jim, and I apologize 'cause you're right. To be perfectly honest, maybe my post shoud've been posted in another thread. It's just that I've read some much bullsh... about the Jem333 or Jem555 that really pisses me off (being a Jem333 owner myself). Sorry, won't happen again. I'll do better next time
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 01:43 PM

Crush, not to worry. Welcome to Jemsite
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 07:17 PM

Holy Jesus. That's an expensive neck. Just buy a JEM off the Bay if that's how much you're willing to spend for a neck lol

Tags
ibanez jem , jem neck , maple fret , maple fretboard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode