Want a new agile model? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Want a new agile model?

Send an email to [email protected] with the specs you would like to see in a future model. They are a great company that makes great guitars for 1/5 the price of their rivals! I sent an email with these specs:

Superstrat / Soloist shape
Alder body
Solid color paint job (Neon preferably)
HSH Config
Ebony board
Original or Schaller Floyd

Send them an email and you might get what you want!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 06:40 PM

Re: Want a new agile model?

I've got 3 Agile LP's. Great guitars. Plan on getting one or two more.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 11:49 PM
Dee

It'd be good to see decent Floyd bridges on them. The cheapo Floyd copies put me off buying a guitar like an Agile, which I understand helps to keep the costs down, but I think more people would be interested if they had Schaller, Ping, or Gotoh, etc. More sales, but a small rise in price maybe.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 07:29 PM

Yeah. I agree. They have an Les Paul style guitar with a floyd on it that I'd be interested in, but I'm not so sure about the floyd copy on it and it's one of thier lower end LP copies (no triple binding, etc). I am planning on ordering this one in the next few days: http://www.rondomusic.net/al3000natspaltedthin.html
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

I saw that one, very nice!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 09:44 PM

I would definitly like better tremolos, if they do put better trems on them I might just buy a 7 string Agile also they are a korean company right? if so how do they compare to their japanese rivals? (ibanez, esp, blah blah) Also it would be nice to see some more pieces of wood on those necks (especially the beast 7 string necks)
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfergel View Post
I've got 3 Agile LP's. Great guitars. Plan on getting one or two more.
For once, Im not trying to be a dick here, but why get 5 mediocre guitars instead of one or 2 nice ones?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
For once, Im not trying to be a dick here, but why get 5 mediocre guitars instead of one or 2 nice ones?
I know what you're saying but idk some cheaper guitars just feel nice, you know? I mean even paul gilbert sometimes whips out his $50 guitars
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieguitarmaker View Post
I know what you're saying but idk some cheaper guitars just feel nice, you know? I mean even paul gilbert sometimes whips out his $50 guitars
Still, 5? I've been guitly of it too in the past. I used to have a bunch of Epiphone Les Paul clones, then I realized I could sell all of them and have the real thing, which was what I wanted all the long. If AGiles are his thing, thats cool, but it doesnt make sense to me.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Still, 5? I've been guitly of it too in the past. I used to have a bunch of Epiphone Les Paul clones, then I realized I could sell all of them and have the real thing, which was what I wanted all the long. If AGiles are his thing, thats cool, but it doesnt make sense to me.
true 5 is a little much, I would get 1 and maybeeee 2 if I ever felt the need but not 5, I'd get like some 27 fret guitars instead
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieguitarmaker View Post
if they do put better trems on them I might just buy a 7 string Agile also they are a korean company right? if so how do they compare to their japanese rivals? (ibanez, esp, blah blah) Also it would be nice to see some more pieces of wood on those necks
Yep, I'd be tempted to go for a 7-string Agile if it had a better trem. I hate long scale lengths, though. Last time I looked the only desirable 7 had a 27 inch scale or something.

Comparing Japanese workmanship to Korean, it's pretty much no contest for most guitar makers. The better luthiers are in Japan, and having never seen an Agile in the flesh I can't honestly comment on the quality, but I've read a few off-putting stories about bad QC. We just have to bear in mind that these are inexpensive guitars and that's what you get. I think most likely you're probably not gonna get one that's totally killer out the box, they probably need some fret-end finishing, at least.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 10:44 PM

To answer the original question, No thanks.

jim
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
To answer the original question, No thanks.

jim

Oh yeah, I forgot.
+1

They dont sell them for 1/5 the price to be nice guys.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Dee

Damn gear snobs!

What's good is that they are actively taking an interest in what the customer wants. This has always been one of their good points, they listen closely and really try to deliver. For that, I applaud them, and I hope they can become a better company and maximise quality while keeping prices within reach of the average guy on the street.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Damn gear snobs!
Since when is that a negative thing?

Their shop is just up the road from me in New Jersey, and I'd wager I've played more Agiles than anyone on this site. Frankly, I don't need a 'halfway' or 'pretty decent' $300 guitar, as I already have a few actually good guitars. A decent cheap guitar serves no purpose to me at all, unless I'm on a lake in a canoe and someone has dropped an oar.
What Agile is good for is the beginner. You're better off buying your kid an Agile Precision Bass than a Fender to start on; that sort of thing. Other than that, I personally have no use for these things at all.

Tags
alder body , ebony board , epiphone les paul , fret guitar , fret guitars , les paul , les paul style guitar , paul gilbert , scale lengths , string necks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode