Washburn Dime guitars - Any experience on these? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2001, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Washburn Dime guitars - Any experience on these?

Yo, anyone got some of the Washburn Dimebag Darrel signature model guitars? There basically are 2 versions of the guitars, the Korean made ones which aren't probably quite top class and the U.S made jobbys that cost a mighty big buck. I'd like to add one of those muthaf*ckaz to my amazing collection of uh.. 2 git-boxes
since they look so good. That's what matters right.. The pickups in the Korean Dimes assumingly suck, so those would have to be changed. The DimeSlime 333 doesn't look too shabby, and the trem system is pretty good ( a friend has one in his Korean Nuno model ) so maybe I could check that out. Anyhoo, tell me your experiences on these. Thankyew.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2001, 05:29 PM

Washburn Dime guitars

I had the US version of the dimebag guitar, it was a really nice looking guitar and a fairly nice feeling guitar but really differant sitting down playing.

It feels like a cross between an explorer and a flying Vee
the necks are nice but finished so when sweating they get really gummy.

The pickups are nice and have a range of tones.
over all Its a really nice guitar
I sold mine a couple of months back for aobut 500$ I needed the money and had it laying around.
I lost alot of money it, but thats how it goes,.
Later
hope I helped, if you have any more questions let me know and I will do what I can.
Later
Allen
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2001, 09:34 PM

Washburn Dime guitars

Whenever I saw a Dime model in a magazine, or window, I thought it looked so bad-ass. While living on Staten Island, I took a few trips into Manhattan and visited Manny's Music, where they usually have a few Dime's on the wall.

I didn't plug it in, but I played it for about 5-10 minutes. If your an Ibanez player, you'll find the neck is like a baseball bat. I'm really surprised Dime uses such a large neck for the style he plays.

The guitar itself was quite heavy, hitting up there with a Les Paul, if I remember correctly.

The trem wasn't too bad at all. I've played much worse trems before. I'd love to get a DimeBolt finished one, with a much smaller neck....
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 12:36 AM

Washburn Dime guitars

hehe, that's what power sanders are for! *
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 12:37 AM

Washburn Dime guitars

hehe, that's what power sanders are for! *
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2001, 12:14 AM

Washburn Dime guitars

I have the dime bolt 333 I got it really cheap ( and mite put it up for sale later) but any way its great the necks have a killer v shape to them and the set in neck adds great sustain and the washburn pickups that come stock sound really good ( I thought for shure I would change them out when I saw it but no they sound great) the bound necks are realy fast and trems ok( its no lo pro but it does the job and stays in tune) my freiend had a usa dimeslime model and its was even better but there aint nothing wrong with geting the cheaper ( but still very cool) guitar and save enough money to get a new amp of fx's
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2001, 12:13 AM

Washburn Dime guitars

they are pretty good sounding, part V sounding, part les paul. thats what i got out of it plugged into a jcm 900

Tags
les paul

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode