Washburn Guitars - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Washburn Guitars

I'm a huge fan of Bobby Koelble and Dimebag Darrell and so I sold my Jackson and bought a Washburn RS980 and an RS940...and I'm very happy with them.

What think you of Washburn guitars?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 02:05 PM

Re: Washburn Guitars

I've had a couple of N4s, most recently a 2005 solid padauk version, and have been very happy with them. I recently sent the padauk one in for warranty repair and their customer service is outstanding, they definitely stand behind their products.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 02:12 PM

I've owned a Dimebolt. I've also used a Mercury, and my younger brother has an N2. I don't have much bad to say about any of them, but I very much prefer Jackson, and Ibanez. They just appeal to me more. Just one of those personal things, I guess?

I'm glad to hear that you're happy with your Washburns!
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Smile Re: Washburn Guitars

Of course, if the mods read this, substitute 'Ibanez' for 'Washburn' and we'll all be happy...
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 05:47 PM

I used to work for a Washburn dealer about 2 years ago
and personally I would never buy one. We had so many come in to the shop that never should have gotten past quality control, andwe were located about 20 minutes from the shop so its not like the issues were from shipping.
Plus a few years back they got busted big for importing korean guitars and attaching Made inthe USA stickers on them and selling them as US made guitars.

To be fair most of the stuff we got in was the lower end guitars, but still I was very let down with them.
That's just my opiunion though.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 06:58 PM

The Washburn 7-strings aren't that bad looking.....
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 08:53 AM

i want an N4 in a bad way!
from my experience, Washburns' imported stuff is crappy but the REAL USA stuff is nice. we were a Washburn dealer and had tons of problems with their imported guitars, especially the acoustics. they would send the wrong colors and lots of stuff that shouldn't have made it past QC - even for inexpensive guitars they were very shoddy and i am being very lenient.
they have gotten little greedy IMHO as the N4 went up in price $500 in one year. ($1699 - $2199). how can anyone justify such a price hike?! they use to send it in a very nice case and i think they now ship it out in a molded, shaped case. i can't justify why they decided to raise the price sooo much.

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Well both of mine are made in Korea: they play fine...definitely as good as anything in that mid-range ($700+)

Hopefully they'll stay in good shape.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 09:22 AM

After looking at the prices of their current US models, I think the Washburn execs have sniffed an entire case of Elmer's glue.

I think they think that there's a guy named Tom Anderson on their payroll.

THat said, I loved the N4 when I owned one.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris20
After looking at the prices of their current US models, I think the Washburn execs have sniffed an entire case of Elmer's glue.
Yeah, that's what I wasn't gonna say. I remember when Washburns were decent entry level guitars, nothing too fancy but you could get them at a good price and they did the job. I haven't really kept up with them over the years, when did they become high end, high priced guitars?
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 12:20 PM

The Washburns of today are allright. However, I would kill to have a late 80s Washburn EC-29 or EC-36. <drool>
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 01:03 PM

I like the earlier N4 models, but I think they have put-up their prices way too much on all their models. Some of their new stuff looks awesome, but its a bit pricey. I agree with rev too, those old 80's Washburns were sooo cool!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 04:11 AM

What I find strange, for the 2005 line-up of Nuno signature guitar is that they have dropped the original Floyd and replaced it with the Schaller.

Regards

André

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005, 05:28 PM

The washburn N4s have used Schallers for almost the entire run of the model.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 11:21 PM

Do you still have the Washburn RS940 and would you sell it to me ?

DKMitt
[email protected]

Last edited by dkmitt; 01-23-2009 at 11:23 PM. Reason: adding email
Closed Thread

Tags
dimebag darrell , korean guitar , signature guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode