Washburn N4 vintage - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 01:50 AM Thread Starter

Question Washburn N4 vintage

I have this N4 relic vintage for quite sometime and decide to sell it cause i seldom play it.
I alway play the jem7vwh and its my regular jamming guitar... I also have jem77fp2 which i also seldom touch it but decide to keep it... But i found it difficult to sell my N4 and even the shop said it doesnt have much value compare to jem and only offer $900 for it...how come washburn n4 has such a poor resale value? It has better specs than my jem... What do you guys think of N4? Value?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 02:03 AM

Reviews: 15
Re: Washburn N4 vintage

The shop is going to downplay the value because they need to make a profit should they buy it from you. Your best bet is putting it in local classifieds like craigslist or whatever you use over on your side of the world.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

I already advertised it at my local website but its already a year and the highest offer is $1500 singapore dollars.... New vintage n4 cost $3k plus in my country.
I want to sell it at $2000 singapore as my condition is like new...
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 02:11 AM

Reviews: 2

Agree with the above.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 02:13 AM Thread Starter

Anybody willing to trade with jem can PM me
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 03:13 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

The N4 is a fantastic guitar but the "standard" models in ash, alder and the vintage model all have poor resale values.

The padouk versions (along with the various custom runs) are seen as more desirable always go for more.

Personally I think it's because Nuno never really embraced being a "shred guitar hero" anywhere but in Japan and today is more famous for being in Rihanna's backing band henve his signaure models don't carry the "mystique" that things like the JEM do.

You have to decide whether you want a quick sale or to hold out for the money you want...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 03:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
The N4 is a fantastic guitar but the "standard" models in ash, alder and the vintage model all have poor resale values.

The padouk versions (along with the various custom runs) are seen as more desirable always go for more.

Personally I think it's because Nuno never really embraced being a "shred guitar hero" anywhere but in Japan and today is more famous for being in Rihanna's backing band henve his signaure models don't carry the "mystique" that things like the JEM do.

You have to decide whether you want a quick sale or to hold out for the money you want...
True.... I just hold on to it or trade with ibanez jem with someone who appreciate N4 guitar... And nuno is way underrated guitarist....
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 07:03 AM

Reviews: 13

'It is only worth what people are willing to pay for it'. It is such a cliche but it is so true. With some guitars (in fact I would go so far as to say most) you can't ever expect to get your money back. Guitars and guitarist come and go in and out of fashion. Obtaining a desireable / collectable instrument as an 'pure' investment is a combination of well researched, unemotional and non biased buying. And some very good luck - like any investment. It takes the love out of the instrument and puts the love aspect more in the realm of the financial reward.

By the sounds of it you bought the N4 out of love for the guitarist and the the guitar so based on this you could only expect that luck is going to have a stronger influence on you getting your money back from what you originally paid.

It seems to me that so many guitar companies are trying to create a collectable market out there, but it always seems that the guitars that become truly collectable are the happy mistakes or the quirky little customs that are parts guitars made by the guitarists themselves. Whenever the guitar companies try to replicate that guitar and sell it, usually at a very significant premium (N4, Evo or Blackie to name a few). They sell well initially but they never seem to get the returns long term. The N4 would fit in this basket. Coupled with Nuno's relatively reduced shred profile, as many have mentioned, it is not unreasonable that this is keeping the prices for this model on the low side. That and they are relatively easy to obtain.

-Wolfram
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

. I keep it if no one wants to trade with jem or buy it at reasonable price...
My friend bought N4 paduak for only $1800 singapore from a desperate seller The seller needs cash and the guitar is not selling for quite sometime.. Maybe the market for N4 in my country is bad
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 05:29 AM

I saw a padauk N4 sold only about 1000Sing$ in our local market.
condition is not great though, but still very cheap.
our 'local' market value for used N4 standard ( ash, alder) is about 750Sing$.
So yes, the resale value is very poor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode