Watch out for this guitar/seller - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Watch out for this guitar/seller

I actually won this guitar and paid for it back in the spring. The seller then refunded my money and told me that the guitar had "unnoticed" damage and cracks that were discovered and not listed, and that I couldn't buy it. Very shady . Refused to discuss it, and gave me bad vibes. But maybe there was a chance they weren't lying, right? So I let it go. Well, here it is again, almost a year later, and advertised just the same as when I bid and won. Beware. Is there a way to report this to ebay,,,,or is this shady behavior allowed? Exact seller ID and all. I went on to spend my earnings on a mint PGM100RE, so all is well
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ibanez-Prest...51209331326%26

Last edited by lynchfan6; 01-09-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 06:56 PM

Re: Watch out for this guitar/seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchfan6 View Post
...Is there a way to report this to ebay,,,,or is this shady behavior allowed?...
There's a "Report Item" link on the right hand side of the page, below the "Seller information" box.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 07:01 PM

That's so unfortunate! I hope there's a logical explanation.

Erin seems to have a 100% percent positive feedback rating though.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Vendor

You had your chance when you could have left feedback. Sounds like simple sellers remorse, or found another solution to a fiscal problem and didn't need to sell, until now, again.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 07:08 PM

Without knowing if the repairs were made (if any were actually needed) there's no way to say the seller is being dishonest or that he was screwing around. It is possible, as much as I doubt it, that the guitar did have problems that the seller later addressed. He doesn't mention any repair work in the ad so I DO doubt it, but the possibility is there.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
You had your chance when you could have left feedback. Sounds like simple sellers remorse, or found another solution to a fiscal problem and didn't need to sell, until now, again.

Yeah, but I couldn't prove myself 100% (until now), and didn't want to get in a mud slinging match with negative feedbacks flying risking my own great ratings. I agree on the sellers remorse idea. Anyway, I'm over it, and actually glad I ended up with the PGM instead. I just wanted to alert others here of the issue and proceed with caution if pursuing this auction.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchfan6 View Post
Yeah, but I couldn't prove myself 100% (until now), and didn't want to get in a mud slinging match with negative feedbacks flying risking my own great ratings. I agree on the sellers remorse idea. Anyway, I'm over it, and actually glad I ended up with the PGM instead. I just wanted to alert others here of the issue and proceed with caution if pursuing this auction.
This is VERY MUCH appreciated!!!

Thank you for the heads up!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
... It is possible, as much as I doubt it, that the guitar did have problems that the seller later addressed. He doesn't mention any repair work in the ad so I DO doubt it, but the possibility is there.
Let's hope that there's nothing fishy there. It looks like someone is set to get a very nice guitar! (unless sellers remorse sets in again, and it's not let to go - I'd have problems selling such a fine piece myself... )
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 01:27 PM

I actually asked the guy to take a pic of the guitar with his username on something next to it and he/she wouldn't do it... take it for what it's worth...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode