Well all, I've done it! New S2170FB. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Well all, I've done it! New S2170FB.

Now with Pics!!!
Would have posted sooner however Ive been far to preoccupied playing my new S2170FB! Late last year I began looking into a new guitar and narrowed my choices down to an Ibanez S Prestige. Loved the look, heard all kinds of good things about the Wizard necks and was intrigued by the ZR trem as Im primarily a hardtail player. Well as it turns out narrowing down my choices was not as straightforward as one might have thought for I then began reading about the S' move to Korea, many of the reported QC issues, the Wizard II as well as the design change that is the shallow neck pocket. It was around this time that a 2170 turned up in a local guitar shop. Well I was now suffering from full blown GAS attacks but was reluctant to make a purchase because of all the bad I was reading about these guitars. Long story short after finding out as much as I could mostly from this forum and spending much time with the guitar in the store here I am 6 months later the owner of my first Ibanez, a Prestige S2170FB. I decided that the raised neck joint was not of major concern as I still found it reasonably comfortable and though my time with a Wizard I is limited I am one of those oddballs who prefer the Wizard II as its not quite as drastic a change from other guitars.
Thanks be to all the Jemsiters for all their input and details for I can safely say that a week has gone by and that this guitar is no lemon. For anyone else considering a new S don't be discouraged by Korean production as they're are still high quality guitars coming out. That being said don't order one blindly either, see it, feel it, inspect it then and only then, rock it! By the way pics will follow just as soon as I can stand to put it down again!

And now for the pics. . . Enjoy!

Last edited by Neuronic Cognativity; 05-31-2007 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 12:36 PM

Re: Well all, I've done it! New S2170FB.

What's this???? No pictures......
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 01:37 PM

When I click on a thread I just know the bastard OP hasn't posted any pics, but I always click just in case. I hate being dissapointed!
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 02:10 PM

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 02:25 PM

i think you have to post picts when you have a new guitar.thats the way these things have to go.......and i like it!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 03:12 PM

Congratulations on the new guitar, Neuronic. It sounds like it's lovely.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 03:54 PM

Has anyone mentioned that pics would be nice Show it off man!!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

It appears as though there is a good demand for pics and the will come shortly. I first felt it necessary to make a post that A.) thanked you guys for all the info that lead to the purchase and B.) was a commentary about Korean manufacturing and the fact that high quality products can still come out of that place. Now before this group gets any more hostile I'll post some pics tomorrow! 'Till then you'll have to wait.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuronic Cognativity View Post
It appears as though there is a good demand for pics and the will come shortly. I first felt it necessary to make a post that A.) thanked you guys for all the info that lead to the purchase and B.) was a commentary about Korean manufacturing and the fact that high quality products can still come out of that place. Now before this group gets any more hostile I'll post some pics tomorrow! 'Till then you'll have to wait.
Enough with the B.S. excuses...... shut up and shoot the pic's already! Are you like a "noob" here or what?
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 05:09 PM

Very nice purchase, dude. I've heard a lot of ****-talk about the newer S Prestige guitars, but I've been very impressed with every single one I picked up.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 05:19 PM

Dang..... I almost poked out my eye on that whammy bar! FINALLY.... some pic's, NICE!
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 06:46 PM

Looks great man, I love the S series.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 09:40 PM

Nice! Maybe some videos on youtube?
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 12:45 AM

Videos or it didnt happen.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 10:14 AM

Congrats on the Axe dude!!

I know how you feel, I got a s2075 and the guitar is awesome. I did swap out the pickups in them, and now its even better. Enjoy it, and remember, it all comes down to the hands that made it, not what country it came from

Tags
guitar shop , local guitar shop , neck joint , prestige guitar , prestige guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode