Went from an Edge Pro the an Original Floyd - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Went from an Edge Pro the an Original Floyd

THIS IS WEIRD. I keep hitting the mini tuners with my hand. They feel so "in the way" compared to the edge tuners. Other than that, it feels mostly the same.

But dang...has anyone else done this? Will I get used to the feel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 11:00 PM

Re: Went from an Edge Pro the an Original Floyd

Well the Edge pro is the lowest profile floyd rose tremolo made, you will probably get use to it though.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 01:47 PM

im 6ft 8 and have hands like umbrellas. Not had this issue with the floyd. Hold your guitar properly :P
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 02:24 PM

I know what this guy is talking about, with the edge pro you hardly realize there is a tremolo there but when I play my original edge Jem I can feel the fine tuners sometimes.

They don't get in my way I just notice there is a bridge there more, it has nothing to do with holding your guitar properly.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 03:30 PM

I know everyone is different, but I have no idea what some of you are doing with your picking hand that has you hitting the fine tuners on any tremolo.

Even palm muting, my hand is no where close the end of the bridge.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 06:16 PM

I only touch the low E tuner sometimes with my wrist or forearm depending on how I position my pick
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 06:40 PM

I think my style (or total lack of skill) is keeping my picking hand movements small and efficient.

That and I try to minimize the chances of pulling the bridge sharp.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
I know everyone is different, but I have no idea what some of you are doing with your picking hand that has you hitting the fine tuners on any tremolo.

Same here, it would be great if someone who has problems with it could post a pic of themselves playing, because I just don't get it.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:

+1.....
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:

LOL! I was going to post the same thing but I thought "if you have nothing nice to say..."

Oh well, I totally agree. This is like such a common complaint too that it just boggles the mind. If my right hand is usually resting on the strings themselves infront of the bridge, keeping the bass strings quiet with the edge of my hand while my fingers move around muting the treble strings I'm not using.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 01:17 PM

Bad example sort of but here is Steve Morse playing, some of his picking techniques he moves his arm back to get a different feel and attack on the string. If he had an ofr or original edge you can't tell me he wouldn't feel the tuners. Also it might be attributed to him sitting as well since I only feel the tuners every so often with my wrist/forearm while sitting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44-q_flFb-k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode