What the ****. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Banned

What the ****.

Ive realized that every single Ibanez I play is not of the quality they used to be. Ive played about 6 or 7 Jem7VHWs and they all feel cheap compaired to the older Jems with the Ebony board and the LO Pro. As well as some of the RG series especially the RGA I owned one and each or its frets were a different height. And the some of the lower end models too like the 7321 Ive owned 2 and the both times the saddles screws were rusted and wouldnt move at all. They were both BRAND NEW UNTOUCHED!!!! Ive also owned 2 7621s and a 7620. the necks all went bad on them in 6 months to 8 months. I dont abuse my guitars at all. The temp/humidity is great at my place and I didnt gig with them often.

Why is it that every Ibanez I play as of late seems to be lacking that higher quality feel of several years back?
Dont get me wrong, I LOVE IBANEZ with a Passion!!!! But I dont understand why the past few years Ive got the feeling that their quailty has gone down the ****ter.

Im sure Ill get flamed for this. but I just really had to put it on the table.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 12:08 AM

Re: What the ****.

personal prefance?
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 03:54 AM

mabi u thought the old ones were good coz u hadnt played anything else? mabi know ur wiser and start to notice small things?
post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 09:24 AM

Reviews: 1

Based upon this other post that you made, maybe you should switch to a different brand? You say you love Ibanezes but from your posts, they appear to cause you nothing but grief and you're disappointed with their current level of quality.

Also, you said "the necks went bad on them in 6 to 8 months" but you give no more information as to exactly this means. In all my years for playing and selling guitars, I've seen very few necks that were actually "bad", especially on brand new quality guitars.

If your bridge screws are rusting and you say humidity is not an issue then I would say that your perspiration is acidic to the Ibanez's metal finish. Have you tried cleaning your guitar after every use?
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 09:39 AM

I can't be bothered to read the rest of the original post because it looks like a second grader typed that. Sorry, no offense, but punctuation is your friend.
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJazzTerminator
I can't be bothered to read the rest of the original post because it looks like a second grader typed that. Sorry, no offense, but punctuation is your friend.
what?
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 10:45 AM

Quote:
for fu**s sake mate, it's not that bad, it's totally readable and understandable
and not everybody here has english as a first language anyway.
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 11:07 AM

Yeah I read it no bother at all. Pointless flaming is well...pointless.

Maybe he has just got real unluckey over the past while, or as mentioned above now notices things he could not before. Sometimes we look back on older times with nastalgia, and maybe if you played those "old" guitars again it would not be the same.

Hell stop buying NEW Ibanez's if it's that bad. Buy NOS. Buy 2nd hand. Simple.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 12:35 PM

Quote:
No, my guess is the 2nd grader wrote the 3rd post... the 1st one just had bad punctuation...

and i agree, older guitars feel much more solid (cant find a better word)... so much its stupid!! (specially considering the constant price hikes)
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 02:30 PM
HSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneboy
Based upon this other post that you made, maybe you should switch to a different brand? You say you love Ibanezes but from your posts, they appear to cause you nothing but grief and you're disappointed with their current level of quality.

Also, you said "the necks went bad on them in 6 to 8 months" but you give no more information as to exactly this means. In all my years for playing and selling guitars, I've seen very few necks that were actually "bad", especially on brand new quality guitars.

If your bridge screws are rusting and you say humidity is not an issue then I would say that your perspiration is acidic to the Ibanez's metal finish. Have you tried cleaning your guitar after every use?
My 1987 RG560 has had ONE fret job and ONE neck adjustment since I got her new! The tech said it was an amazing piece of wood, very stable.
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Banned

well maybe I just got unlucky. Im actually looking at getting a new RG1527 soon any thoughts on that guitar? and whats the real main differences between the lo pro and the edge pro and if I dont like the edge pro would a lo pro fit in the cavity?
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgt_Lover

Hell stop buying NEW Ibanez's if it's that bad. Buy NOS. Buy 2nd hand. Simple.
I have I'm tempted by a JS1200 in Candy Apple, but other than that, I don't see anything fun and new
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 05:00 PM

Where are you buying your guitars from?
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 05:02 PM

Just for the record, I wasn't 'flaming,' just pointing out that I refuse to read a post by someone who can't take the time to actually make it READABLE.

[/my 2 cents]
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 05:27 PM

i personally think that ibanez guitars aren't as good as they use to be either . i had a 96 usrg30 and have an rg570 . they both played great , any of the older ibanez guitars i have played were really soild quality, even the an old ex except for the lo trs it was pretty nice . I picked up an rg321 and it was unplayable , it had like corriosion build up on the frets and the neck was messed up . I dont even know how it made it to the show room floor . Maybe it is just i am a little more picky now or that my tastes have changed but ibanez just isn't the same company it was back in the ealier 90s .

Tags
ebony board , fret level , fret wire , ibanez guitars , les paul , neck joint , neck joints , neck pockets , nut height

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode