What is better rg2027 or JPM EB/MM 7?? - Will this be settle - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

What is better rg2027 or JPM EB/MM 7?? - Will this be settle

* *Ok to all u lucky boison:stards that have gotten the chance to get your hands on both of them ( i haven't been able to play either one so im abit bitter :angryfire: )

* so how do they compare? leaving the price tag behind cause i think we all know the 2027 is cheaper but rare. which guitar do u think is better? *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 10:13 PM

What is better rg2027 or JPM EB/MM 7??

I'm not going to go into detail, I already have a number of times in other threads, but also anyone that knows me already knows my answer. :biggrin:

JP7.
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 10:55 PM

Ice cream. *I have a 2027 and I've played the EB JP7. *I prefer the knob/switch layout and pickups on the EB JP7 but I think my 2027 plays great as well. *The 2027's headstock is also one of my favorite Ibanez headstocks - very classy. It's gonna come down to taste as with so many guitars... *I might can answer this better once my EB JP7 comes in.

Paul
post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 10:59 PM

Since I can't join in the battle, I'll enjoy the PPV. *
Anyone wanna watch it with me? *:-)
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-02-2001, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

* so far its 2-0 in favor of the jp7, hey wheres the support for the 2027 i thought this was an ibanez lovers forum!!?!?!?!?!?!?!
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 11:26 AM

Make that 3-0 in favor of the JP7!

~R~
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 11:36 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

what matters most is what the BUYER prefers, not what any of us thinks is better :biggrin: ...glen
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 05:45 PM

The pu's alone + non-double locking tilt me towards the JPM (and the fact that I am a huge Petrucci follower). *However the 2027 is mahogony isn't it? *That might be interesting. *I seriously doubt I'll ever buy another guitar that uses a double locking system, too much effort for me...
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 07:02 PM

Potential Post#1

RGEGYPT:"I'll never buy another guitar that uses a double-locking system......too much effort for me..."
RGEGYPT:I'll be the one busy jamming with friends while you tune up....again....and again.
UncleMeat777:hahahahahah
UncleMeat777:that's like [EDIT]... he tries to be really picky about tone, but almost refuses to buy tubes
RGEGYPT:If I had Thomas as my tech, exchanging guitars 3/4 of the way thru a song, then...sure...I'd take a non-locking trem....
RGEGYPT:FuĒk it...give me a dozen of them.
UncleMeat777:hahahahahah
RGEGYPT:Let me check....nope. *Thomas isn't here.
RGEGYPT:Never will be.
RGEGYPT:...and Chamonix would rather chew on a guitar than string it up.
RGEGYPT:So......
RGEGYPT:I'll guess I'll have to be "stuck" with my double-locking trem-equipped CST.
UncleMeat777:oh drat
RGEGYPT:(that's a TRIPLE-entendre'.....heh heh)
UncleMeat777:Nice one. *;-)

Potential Post#2

Yeah...I see what you mean. *My CST's sort of lack-luster and far too much maintenance. *Maybe I should trade it for one of these? *I wonder if they'd trade straight across!?!?!

I haven't decided which one to put up yet....
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 10:05 PM

Haha. *Well I'm actually not lying. *I have 2 guitars right now that I don't even play because they both need to be set up. *Being the lame ass that I am, I never learned how to maintain them other than changing strings, and since both of these are basically new they will require more adjustment when my string brand goes on. *I tried to set one up myself but I'm not happy with it, so in to the shop it must go. *So for me personally, they're too much work. *Especially since I don't even use the bar for anything except stretching the strings.
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-03-2001, 11:58 PM

Honestly, it really depends on how much you use the trem. I for one, use it very little. I use it for sublties and to save myself when bending a string if I'm about to lose it (I hate that).

If you are more into the 80's flavor of trem-abuse, that's cool too, but a double-locker is more in order. I don't mind that style of play, but I personally have never been into it and will probably never play that way.

For someone that doesn't rely heavily on a trem for their style of play, a double-locker is nothing more then an inconvience when it comes to setup, changing strings or re-tuning. The locking tuners/non locking bridge makes more sense for those people.. Hell, I'd rather no trem at all, but I haven't been so lucky.

Double-locking or non-locking/locking tuners really depends on the individual and their style of play.
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-04-2001, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Quote: from jeffrey on 11:58 pm on Sep. 3, 2001

Double-locking or non-locking/locking tuners really depends on the individual and their style of play.
...or...
A. *If you want to stay in tune for one complete song.
B. *If you have a full-time tech crouching down backstage with the perfectly tuned guitar for the next song.
C. *You don't mind constantly tuning.

Sorry, but I have had nothing but problems with "locking" tuners on trem-equipped guitars. *Want it full-floating? *Make a wish and hope the Trem Fairy waves her magic wand over it.

I'll pick up the slack here and give my hearty vote for the 2027. *I don't have forearms like Ferrigno, so that cutout-thingy would only (further) detract from my picking. *:-) *
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-04-2001, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Quote: from Kevan on 12:20 am on Sep. 4, 2001[br

B. *If you have a full-time tech crouching down backstage with the perfectly tuned guitar for the next song.
hmmm, let me see......I have 2 different G3 vids, plus the actual show I went to, to go by......and yes, we joked about before Thomas was crouching down behind JP's rig.......but I'll be damned if the only guitar switch that was made was after IBS giving Thomas the 7 string, and getting a 6 in return....and in all 3 instances, there was no tuning problem for the rest of the set, with the same guitar.....so I'm not quite sure what you're basing this on......my guess would be *that "JP leaving Ibanez hatred" thing you still havent gotten over.
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-04-2001, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Quote: from Kevan on 11:20 pm on Sep. 3, 2001
Quote:
Quote: from jeffrey on 11:58 pm on Sep. 3, 2001

...or...
A. *If you want to stay in tune for one complete song.
C. *You don't mind constantly tuning.

Sorry, but I have had nothing but problems with "locking" tuners on trem-equipped guitars. *Want it full-floating? *Make a wish and hope the Trem Fairy waves her magic wand over it.

I'll pick up the slack here and give my hearty vote for the 2027. *I don't have forearms like Ferrigno, so that cutout-thingy would only (further) detract from my picking. *:-) *
Well Kevan, as for A, B and C either you had really crappy guitars or have no idea how to setup one that doesn't have a locking nut.

I've had guitars with locking tuners and floating trems with no problems, I'm not sure what your problem is with it...
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-04-2001, 12:54 AM

I'm not sure what my problem is with it either...
You'd think that a $2,000+ BMC or Tom Anderson would hold up fine with some minimal trem usage...
Instead, I spent most of my time tuning. *Oh well.

Thankfully, I have my CST.
Closed Thread

Tags
alternate picking , crystal planet , edge trem , edge trems , equipped guitar , floating trems , floyd rose , heavy metal , ibanez guitars , john petrucci , les paul , les pauls , locking bridge , locking nut , locking nuts , locking trems , locking tuners , paul gilbert , pro edge , steve vai , string guitars , sunburst finish

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode