what bridge swaps with an edge 3 ? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

what bridge swaps with an edge 3 ?

I am not trying to do this but i know someone that asked me and i have no clue . I thought that the edge pro 3 was actually based off of a lo-pro but i dont know how they measure up .

any help would be great

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 10:13 PM

Re: what bridge swaps with an edge 3 ?

an OFR, or licensed FR will fit the studs of a 350dx without routing. that replaces the EP3. chef21
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 12:31 AM

It's the Edge III, not the Edge Pro III. Calling it out of it's name is just going to confuse yourself and others. It's called the Edge III and not the Edge Pro III because it's design is based off the Original Edge trem.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

sorry that was a typo . I know it is the edge 3 , i dont know why i typed edge pro 3.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 02:40 AM

Has anyone swapped an OFR for the EDGE III? I have an EDGE III on a 350 that i planned on being a throw-away guitar for a tour and amazingly it survived. But after hearing the horror stories of the EDGE III i might need to have a back up trem handy. So if you did the swap how did it turn out? Joshua
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 09:52 AM

I put an OFR in place of my edge 3.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 11:01 AM

SWEET. Thanks chef. I owe ya for that one. Joshua
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef21
I put an OFR in place of my edge 3.
I know that you said that you put your new trem on the original posts of the old trem, but would the new posts fit in the same spot as the old post with any modification (i.e. are they the same dimensions)?
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigugly
Has anyone swapped an OFR for the EDGE III? I have an EDGE III on a 350 that i planned on being a throw-away guitar for a tour and amazingly it survived. But after hearing the horror stories of the EDGE III i might need to have a back up trem handy. So if you did the swap how did it turn out? Joshua
What are these horror sorties that you are talking about? I have one on my guitar, and I have had zero problems (thing stays in tune wonderfully, and it seems real solid, to me), but if there are specific issues with these trems, I'd like to have a leg up on them.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 06:55 PM

I don't know where he heard these "horror stories" because I also have a guitar with an Edge III and it stays in tune pretty well. My thing is that it doesn't stay in tune PERFECTLY so in that respect it is pretty much useless to me unless I want to re-tune after every song. But, I have noticed that if you DON'T use the trem at all then the guitar will stay in tune forever and a day regardless of bends and trills and whatnot. For the price of the guitar, I would say that it stays in tune well BUT if you're a heavy trem user then upgrading isn't a bad idea. If you like the sound and playability of the RG3xx guitars and you just want a better trem then even after upgrading you're still coming out cheaper than buying a Prestige.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 06:56 PM

Thumbs up Re: what bridge swaps with an edge 3 ?

Ya I kind of agree with you, I don't find it a bad tremolo either. I only changed it out because I wanted chrome and I had the Floyd in chrome allready. I understand it probably isn't the best that Ibanez makes material wise, but I would be willing to bet 90% of the people who trash them have never tried them. Most only jump on the band wagon when someone else says It's crap, and because the guitar is a cheaper Korean made model. Before I swaped it out, I had no issues with it at all, and I will be putting it back into one of my projects. chef21
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 09:39 PM

The only real tuning problems I am having is largely due to the fact that the guitar is still new, and the springs are still limbering up. I've just been keeping a phillips handy, so as to adjust out the claw, if things go a little off, which is entirely possible, since I can be brutal on a trem system. Other than that, all is well.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 11:24 AM

My friend's got an RG with Edge III, the trem's pretty sweet, much better than my TRS.

Hmm..do they sell Edge III individually? And will it fit the cavity and the post of my TRS trem? Just asking btw..
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_foes
My friend's got an RG with Edge III, the trem's pretty sweet, much better than my TRS.

Hmm..do they sell Edge III individually? And will it fit the cavity and the post of my TRS trem? Just asking btw..
I don't think you can buy an Edge III separately. You might wanna try talking your local Ibanez dealer.

Regards

André

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 03:07 PM

Yeah, I just unloaded an Ibanez with the TRS, because the TRS could not hold tune to save it's life! that's how I ended up with the Rg with the Edge III, and couldn't be happier.................we, maybe if I had three more, like it!

Tags
edge pro iii , edge trem , floyd rose , ibanez dealer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode