what do you recomend me to do? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Question what do you recomend me to do?

well i have a seymour duncan JB and a ´59, both have nickel covers, i bought them for my gibson sg but i sold it because i just dont feel the neck comfortable anymore and i dont feel like playing it, i am planning to buy a rg321mhol. do you think i should buy the RG and put the JB and the ´59 on it or should i sell the pickups also, and buy another pickups for that guitar?

here´s the music of my band www.myspace.com/strikedown
what pickups do you guys think could sound better for that music?.
someone told me that i should get a LTD with EMGs, but i prefer an RG with a wizard II neck, what do you think i should do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 05:14 PM

Re: what do you recomend me to do?

I'd check out the stock pickups on the 2005 RG321 because I think they are pretty good. The stock bridge pickup has pretty good clarity and it gives the guitar a very distinctive tone with the mahogany body. I might consider changing the neck pickup, though. Since you had a Gibson then I'm guessing that your pickups are normal spaced and you "should" put F-spaced pickups in Fender-esque guitars like Ibanez so that the strings line up with the pole pieces. That being the case, I would go ahead and sell the gibson as is and get as much as you can for it (which should be MORE THAN ENOUGH to buy a brand new RG321 and maybe even a new set of pickups).
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Re: what do you recomend me to do?

hey thanx for your opinion, and yes i think i will sell the pickups also, save money and buy the rg321 and maybe a new set of pickups , well thanx dude.

Tags
bridge pickup , mahogany body , neck pickup , seymour duncan , spaced pickup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode