What do you think about Japanese RG guitar? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

What do you think about Japanese RG guitar?

Why are the model of US are different from those Japan?

IMHO
The Japanese RG model has more BETTER LOOKING finish and also more option

I own a RG450AH which has a ash body but the pickup are not good,so I changed them to Dimazio Humbucker from hell,HS2,Tonezone and it sound really great
The worst thing is that.....it come with Lo-Trs.......

do you own any Jap RG Model?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 05:33 PM

I'm not what you're asking, but I'll try to answer.

The RG 450 is a Korean made guitar, and I wasn't aware they made one with an ash body (I could me mistaken though). I thought they were all made of basswood.

The RG 5XX's have always been made in Japan, and they are superior to the Korean made guitars.

The only RG's that were completely made in the USA were the American Master series. Go here for more info *http://www.jemsite.com/usa/usa.htm

I own 3 Japanese RG's and I've been very happy with them.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 06:13 PM

Just to clear one thing up. Unless they changed in the last year or so, the RG470 is also made in Japan. Just has the cheaper trem. I don't know about the 450 but I had a RG420 a while back. It had 2 hums and the TRS trem. It was made in Japan too...
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 08:36 PM

i think cow might be talking about the actual production models in the usa compared to the japanese line....the japanese line of ibanez instruments have always had more options and "better looking" finishes in most people's opinions
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 03:08 AM

Uhh, Scott? Are you sure about that? I'm 99.999999% sure that all 4XX's have been Korean made since around 94. I know the first year or 2, the 470 was Japanese made and came with an Edge.
Did your 420's serial number start with a C (Korea) or an F (Japan)?

But getting to what Andrew said, that may be the question that Mr. Cow had. I think most of us can agree that Japan gets WAY cooler RG's than the US. They've got the 600's, a couple more 500's, more J Customs, other customs (LACD for example).
Kevan has an RG Arch J Custom and 2 other's purchased JS 1000 BTB's. None of those guitars are for sale in the US.

(Edited by Doink at 12:14 am on Jan. 27, 2001)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 08:54 AM

Doink,
I'm 100% sure. The RG470NP at the shop here is made in Japan, went last night just to check it out. And I'm 110% positive that the 420 I had was made in Japan and it was a 96. And yes, the serial number started with an F...

What made them a little cheaper is the trem. I don't know about the build quality, seemed the same...

But, getting back to the topic, Japan does get some killer guitars...

(Edited by Scott Smith at 9:00 am on Jan. 27, 2001)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

RG450 only discontinued in US but it still living in Japan

MINE is RG450AH ........I think it was made in Japan because its neck does have the word "made in Japan"...

Ash body :
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/el_guitar/rg_rx/rg450ah.html

Tags
killer guitar , production model

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode