what do you think ofIbanez RG350MYE? Nice affordable shredding axe? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

what do you think ofIbanez RG350MYE? Nice affordable shredding axe?

Hey guys just wanted to ask your opinion on the Ibanez RG350MYE if its a nice shredding axe. Ive been searching for a nice shredding guitar with 24 frets and a locking trem. I didnt want something that was too expensive nor something that was too cheap. ive been playing for around 3 yrs. So is this a nice guitar? tnx guys (and sry if i posted this in the wrong place sry kinda new xD) tnx!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 07:30 AM

Re: what do you think ofIbanez RG350MYE? Nice affordable shredding axe?

It's an alright guitar but you might want to change the trem and the pickups, but afterwards you get a nice axe for little money and efford.
If you don't want to change anything, especially the trem, you sould save up for a prestige or premium.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 07:41 AM

Reviews: 120

The 2011 model is quite good with the Edge Zero II trem. You probably won't want to replace the trek now it's decent, just pickups.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiecookie View Post
It's an alright guitar but you might want to change the trem and the pickups, but afterwards you get a nice axe for little money and efford.
If you don't want to change anything, especially the trem, you sould save up for a prestige or premium.

Tnx! xD lol hmmm this might be a little offtopic but how would you compare it to a yngiwe malsmteem strat? (japan) I think it has like 22 or 21 frets and doesnt have a floating trem. Is this guitar better? tnx xD
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

hmm another thng, if customize it, will it be as awesome, sound awesome, and play awesome like prestige models? xD tnx!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrohead_zetta52 View Post
Tnx! xD lol hmmm this might be a little offtopic but how would you compare it to a yngiwe malsmteem strat? (japan) I think it has like 22 or 21 frets and doesnt have a floating trem. Is this guitar better? tnx xD
sorry, I don't have any experience with the YM strat! :-\

Quote:
hmm another thng, if customize it, will it be as awesome, sound awesome, and play awesome like prestige models? xD tnx!
First of all, that's all subjective, so I can't speak for you. The neck is different, the 350 most likely uses cheaper wood and so on and so on, so it won't be a prestige but a nice guitar nonetheless
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

tnx for the reply guys!!!!!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 02:35 PM

Well, I have one an I LOVE it. It is great and with the Edge Zero II it should be even better. The pickups aren't that good so you should swap them(i will put the v7/v8 pickups from my 570 in it). The neck is smooth and the finish is nice. Coincidentaly I was a the local music store today and tried many different guitars, like the Kirk Hammet Ltd, an sg , les paul and other superstrats. The ONLY one that felt as "right" as my 350 was a lower end S series they had there (sadly, they don't have any premium/prestige models there). You should give it a try.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 05:53 PM

the rg350 minus the edge3 an the pickups..is a great guitar...the new 2011 models have the zr2 trem its better then the edge 3..but pickups arent great ..buy one change pickups ..or save ur money an buy a premium...or look 4 a real rg 5xx or 7xx and you got the best rgs out there...just a thought
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 06:23 AM

I've had my RG350 for like 5 years now and absolutely love it. Like others have said, you'll probably want to swap out the pickups. The stock ones aren't terribly bad though.

Make sure it has the Edge Zero II bridge. Those guitars are still changing over from the Edge III, and I wouldn't want to be stuck with that trem.

On mine, I refinished the back of the neck with tung oil, scalloped 12 frets, threw in some Dimarzios, and swirled it. That made it into a total shred machine.

Overall, I think the guitar is a great bang for your buck.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Tnx guys!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFreak777 View Post
Well, I have one an I LOVE it. It is great and with the Edge Zero II it should be even better. The pickups aren't that good so you should swap them(i will put the v7/v8 pickups from my 570 in it). The neck is smooth and the finish is nice. Coincidentaly I was a the local music store today and tried many different guitars, like the Kirk Hammet Ltd, an sg , les paul and other superstrats. The ONLY one that felt as "right" as my 350 was a lower end S series they had there (sadly, they don't have any premium/prestige models there). You should give it a try.
Lol yeah I actually went to my local shop yesterday and tried one. It felt awesome. i think I'm gonna get one. tnx for the rep!
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 07:52 PM
rgx

I'd take the strat. Actually I've bought the RG350MZ SLB couple of months ago and returned it back to the store a week later because of the lousy trem, I mean it's a decent guitar for the money, but nothing to write home about. For the same money you could get a used RG550, which is in whole different league. IMHO
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 08:20 PM

Reviews: 6

Quote:
Well having owned both of those guitars, first things first. The RG350MYE is a superb guitar. Like others mentioned, change the pups and the bridge, mine had the Edge III trem, while not a bad trem, just not Original Edge or Lo-Pro Edge caliber. Pup's are ok, but I swapped out the Infinity's with a Dimarzio Fred and Air Norton. I didn't change the bridge in mine but spent some time adjusting it and setting it up. I'd be proud to gig with that guitar, it was very solid and the build quality was solid. I only got rid of her because I traded it for a Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top(which in my opinion I made out like a bandit).

Now onto the YJM Strat. Yeah you'll want to look elsewhere if you think the RG350 is comparable to a YJM. The YJM is basically a Custom Shop guitar, though not quite. It's not full blown custom but it ain't your run of the mill, assembly line guitar like "any" RG.

Only reason I sold mine, was I basically paid "cost" for it and sold it for a profit and in the end for me, it's all about the dollar bills when selling. Besides all of my other Strats, have brass nuts, Dimarzio HS3's and scalloped fretboards just like a YJM. Only thing they lack is the Alder body that the YJM does have. The Alder body is a big plug and sounds wonderful.

If you save up and get a YJM, you won't regret it. I had mine for probably 7 years at least before I sold it. It was a great guitar and wished at times I hadn't gotten rid of it. But that's how it is, when you've got the "right buyer" at the "right time."
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 08:43 PM
rgx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirled777 View Post
change the pups and the bridge
but then it will cost the same money as the higher level ibby, but when time comes to sell it, it will still be just a RG350 and no one will give you a penny for the bridge and pickups.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode