What I Hate About Ibanez - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 12:09 AM

Re: What I Hate About Ibanez

Quote:
Originally Posted by quik
Yeah, actually it is exactly correct. Jackson's "high end" guitars are made in the USA, and have Original Floyd Rose locking trems, as opposed to Jackson-branded, licensed locking trems.

Jackson does offer some really nice MIJ guitars, but those are NOT their high end models. And the Jackson-branded, licensed locking trems found on those guitars work quite well.

Guys at the Jackson/Charvel forum, like anywhere else, have a variety of opinions (though simple common sense would dictate that many would prefer an OFR to ANY licensed copy of one), but having owned & played several of both OFRs & licensed Jackson-branded locking trems over many years, I'm telling you the JT580LP works very well.
i had a performer rr style v that had the jt580lp model on it, it was better then some of the other crap that is being put out for sure, and it is an alright licensed model it compares to others well, it isn't an ibanez floyd or OFL but it is Par none the less.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quik
I can help you out with this.

First, Jackson doesn't use the TRS or TRS II at all. Jackson uses Original Floyd Rose trems on their USA models (their high end models), and its own licensed, Jackson-branded Floyd (JT580LP) on its lower end models.

Second, the Jackson-branded Floyd works fine, which is probably why people praise it.
I had a dk2 with a flamed top and it had the lo pro also had a yamaha rgx and it had a lo pro on it but had yamaha stamped on it also check this number out on evil bay 7347395865 that is a trs lol! and on a higher end Jackson
post #18 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 12:53 AM

im not going to say anything
post #19 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 01:31 AM

I also think the stock pickups on my rg are way to weak (IBZ F2,C3,F4). But even those INF pickups suck i know they are stock pickups but come on.
post #20 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarshredder7
im not going to say anything
What's that supposed to mean?
post #21 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 02:54 AM

Their lacking support for us lefties for their high-end guitars .

Regards

André

post #22 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBLA
i hate that they dont make any maple neck rgs, or prestiges
Correction, ALL 2005 RG's come with a maple neck. You should have said maple fretboard.

I really love to annoy people by the way.
post #23 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunkungfu
I had a dk2 with a flamed top and it had the lo pro also had a yamaha rgx and it had a lo pro on it but had yamaha stamped on it also check this number out on evil bay 7347395865 that is a trs lol! and on a higher end Jackson
That is a PC3, made obvious by the cheapo "Duncan Designed" (as opposed to actual Seymour Duncan) pickups, and the lack of a Sustainer or OFR.

It is NOT a higher end Jackson. Jackson's high end version of that guitar is the PC1, which is Made in USA, has a Sustainer, and has - you guessed it - an OFR.

Oh, and that's not a TRS, either. It appears to be a Jackson JT580LP. I'm guessing that's what your DK2 had, too, unless someone retrofitted an Ibanez bridge onto it.

I think what's confusing you is that Jackson makes a lot of nice guitars throughout its range; even the MIJ stuff is nice (e.g., that PC3). But to reiterate, Jackson's high end guitars are Made In USA, and if equipped with a locking trem, have OFRs, NOT Jackson-branded licensed locking trems.
post #24 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott of Actual Time
i don't know why people keep asking for this. it'll never happen, because it's not possible with the S design to make the fretboard any longer without removing the neck pickup. you can't just magically throw two more frets on there -- the the body and the location of the neck heel have to be designed for it. the next time you have an S and an RG in the same room, hold them up to each other back-to-back. they're the same scale length, but where that 25.5" inches is split between the neck and the body is very different. you might as well as for a 944 with four-wheel drive.
Aye i know it wouldn't be possible just putting a 24 fret neck in.

I just think design wise it's a shame the only 24 fret range Ibanez run is the RG body shape, as if i had the choice to have a custom i'd love an S/JS/Radius type body with a 24 fret neck. Maybe they'll introduce a new range one day. I think the RGA is one step closer with the carved top.
post #25 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 01:41 PM

the jt580 is a exact copy of a trs
post #26 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze_1
Correction, ALL 2005 RG's come with a maple neck. You should have said maple fretboard.

I really love to annoy people by the way.
Y'know, I think my new RGT220A would've looked real nice with a maple fretboard to go with the natural finish body. I need to get one of those 770's that had the same color body, headstocks and inlays with a maple fretboard. Even more frightening, when i think about it, is that except for my first guitar ( a Memphis strat ), no other guitar I've owned have had maple fretboards!
post #27 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 02:38 PM

What I hate about Ibanez is that they moved the S Prestige Production to Korea. I mean Korea's okay and all but moving the S? I can understand the SZ and SA Prestiges going Korean 'cause they're the deriative of the S. I mean the S is a classic model, why not respect it and send it back on the production line along with the other classic, the RG (Prestige).
post #28 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 02:55 PM

thats all due to factory problems i belive. Check out rich's site . He has some info on why they did what they did.

i love the s-series as well, i want wizard necked s-540s to come back out , like the saber and radius .
post #29 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunkungfu
the jt580 is a exact copy of a trs
That is false. As suggested by the fact that they are "licensed copies" of the OFR, both Ibanez' TRS bridges and Jackson's JT580LP are copies of the OFR. Neither is a copy of the other, and there are some differences between them.

P.S. Sorry for the unintentional thread-hijack, Thrash!

To get back to your point, "What I Hate About Ibanez" is:

Some of the materials used (e.g., basswood bodies, fragile plating on the gold and "Cosmo" hardware, the 7VWH switch from ebony to rosewood fretboards), increased prices (e.g., the RG3120 increase), and moving from Japanese to Korean production on some models.

On the other hand, I like some of Ibanez' innovations, e.g., the AANJ, the piezo-equipped locking trem, and the Jem-style output jack. I also like the beauty in some models, e.g., the vine inlay on the Jem 7VWH.
post #30 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 08:29 PM

What I hate is how the RG series come with INF pickups and not Evolutions, or what I would put in them - Tone Zone bridge and PAF Pro neck....

Tags
aanj neck , basswood bodies , body shape , charvel model , custom guitar , custom shop , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , duncan designed , edge trem , fixed bridge , floyd rose , floyd rose pro , floyd rose trem , fret aanj , fret aanj neck , fret neck , ibanez edge trem , ibanez guitars , inf pickups , jackson dinky , locking trems , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , maple neck rgs , maple necks , mij guitars , neck pickup , paf pro , paf pro neck , pro edge , pro neck , reverse headstock , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , seymour duncan , tone zone , tone zone bridge , trem arm , tremolo system , trs bridge , trs trems , yamaha rgx , zone bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in