What I Hate About Ibanez - Page 4 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 323 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 06:07 PM

Re: What I Hate About Ibanez

i wish they did an RG with maple and reverse headstock like the PGM without the fixed bridge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 323 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 01:28 AM

Clarification: The "Jackson" JT-580lp and the "Ibanez" TRS-II are, in fact, the SAME bridge, made by Takeuchi--they are simply stamped with the guitar manufacturer's name. The Takeuchi trems are a blight on lower-end guitars, be they Ibanez or Jackson. At least Ibanez got away from them--I had an RGT42FM with the EdgePro II, and that was a much better bridge, except for the poor arm mount and fragile locking saddles.
post #48 of 323 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I really wish they'd make a 24 fret S series guitar...
i don't know why people keep asking for this. it'll never happen, because it's not possible with the S design to make the fretboard any longer without removing the neck pickup. you can't just magically throw two more frets on there -- the the body and the location of the neck heel have to be designed for it. the next time you have an S and an RG in the same room, hold them up to each other back-to-back. they're the same scale length, but where that 25.5" inches is split between the neck and the body is very different. you might as well as for a 944 with four-wheel drive.
What a B.S. Ibanez could very easily slap a 24 fret neck on there. No problem what so ever. Yeah, they would have to re-arrange the pup and trem routing around a bit....but how hard is that. Just simple re-program of CNC and you're done. Shouldn't take longer then 45 minutes for skilled Cad/Solid works user.
Add another 45 minutes for CNC program and you're in business.

Last edited by Jemmm; 10-30-2005 at 12:17 PM.
post #49 of 323 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemmm
What a B.S. Ibanez could very easily slap a 24 fret neck on there. No problem what so ever. Yeah, they would have to re-arrange the pup and trem routing around a bit....but how hard is that. Just simple re-program of CNC and you're done. Shouldn't take longer then 45 minutes for skilled Cad/Solid works user.
Add another 45 minutes for CNC program and you're in business.
Would be nice if they could remember to program lefties .

Regards

André

post #50 of 323 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 01:05 PM

Yeah, being a righty, It's laughable the amount of guitars you have to PAY extra for if they have the option of being "reversed" "lefty" at all, it's not bloody rocket science!

Rob
post #51 of 323 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem7RB MK
Yeah, being a righty, It's laughable the amount of guitars you have to PAY extra for if they have the option of being "reversed" "lefty" at all, it's not bloody rocket science!

Rob
No it's just impossible to do .

Regards

André

post #52 of 323 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 07:19 AM

The Jackson trem is a far better design than the standard floyd. One major difference is the collar that tightens the trem arm to the trem does NOT have the 1mm gap the competition (and original floyd) does. Also the fine tuners are better positioned, the TRS 2 is cheaply made stamped saddle poo, the Jackson is a harderned steel pressed monster of a trem.

But ironically, as good as the Jackson floyd is (get s soloist and compare) it is still not as innovative or sensitive as the Ibanez Edge trem which is a superiour re-design.

What really annoys me about Ibanez? They are one of the fwe big manufactures you cannot talk to directly, so much for customer service :/
post #53 of 323 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarAkuma
The Jackson trem is a far better design than the standard floyd. One major difference is the collar that tightens the trem arm to the trem does NOT have the 1mm gap the competition (and original floyd) does. Also the fine tuners are better positioned, the TRS 2 is cheaply made stamped saddle poo, the Jackson is a harderned steel pressed monster of a trem.

But ironically, as good as the Jackson floyd is (get s soloist and compare) it is still not as innovative or sensitive as the Ibanez Edge trem which is a superiour re-design.

What really annoys me about Ibanez? They are one of the fwe big manufactures you cannot talk to directly, so much for customer service :/
I thught that the higher end Jacksons simply had the OFR?

Regards

André

post #54 of 323 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
I thught that the higher end Jacksons simply had the OFR?

Regards

André
Oh no no no! They have an even better version of the old floyd

Still laughed at by the Edge!
post #55 of 323 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott of Actual Time
i don't know why people keep asking for this. it'll never happen, because it's not possible with the S design to make the fretboard any longer without removing the neck pickup. you can't just magically throw two more frets on there -- the the body and the location of the neck heel have to be designed for it. the next time you have an S and an RG in the same room, hold them up to each other back-to-back. they're the same scale length, but where that 25.5" inches is split between the neck and the body is very different. you might as well as for a 944 with four-wheel drive.
Actaully, I think it can be done:

and I'd like to see some more lefties
post #56 of 323 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethedigimon
Actaully, I think it can be done:
Ouch. Of course it's possible to simply mount a 24 fret aanj neck to a saber like on the photo, but it'll never intonate properly without heavy body work.
post #57 of 323 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 11:36 AM

Angry Re: What I Hate About Ibanez

you know what pisses me off??
they (ibanez) dont seem to make lefty`s anymore.
why not make some lefty`s again?
why not make some jem lefty?
thats what pisses me off.
i love my ibanez axes.
but......i wanna have more choice.
patricia
post #58 of 323 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricia
you know what pisses me off??
they (ibanez) dont seem to make lefty`s anymore.
why not make some lefty`s again?
why not make some jem lefty?
thats what pisses me off.
i love my ibanez axes.
but......i wanna have more choice.
patricia
Not completely true the do make the RG1570 as a lefty (nice prestige). But I'm ears for a REAL lefty JEM . Ibanez did do a run of the RG3120 lefty back then, Rich has one for sale right now. I got lucky on **** and got a lefty RG1077XL and you can find a lefty RG550/560/570 on **** quite often. But what we lefty need are those nice RGA's or S series....

Regards

André

post #59 of 323 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 04:48 PM

Unhappy Re: What I Hate About Ibanez

I've been gassing for a walnut finshed left S series for while
post #60 of 323 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 02:14 AM

The stock pups in the RG1527. Loved everything else, but I truly hated those things.

Tags
aanj neck , basswood bodies , body shape , charvel model , custom guitar , custom shop , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , duncan designed , edge trem , fixed bridge , floyd rose , floyd rose pro , floyd rose trem , fret aanj , fret aanj neck , fret neck , ibanez edge trem , ibanez guitars , inf pickups , jackson dinky , locking trems , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , maple neck rgs , maple necks , mij guitars , neck pickup , paf pro , paf pro neck , pro edge , pro neck , reverse headstock , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , seymour duncan , tone zone , tone zone bridge , trem arm , tremolo system , trs bridge , trs trems , yamaha rgx , zone bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in