What Ibanez model..?! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

What Ibanez model..?!

This just popped up at my local Music Go Round. I've never seen any ibanez close to this one. Haven't seen it in person but probably will soon..

Hoping someone can shed some light since its at a super cheap price. Link below.

http://www.musicgoroundmonroevillepa...spx?id=1358387
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 01:04 PM

Re: What Ibanez model..?!

Fake, refinish, not real, etc etc. Possibly Chinese.

That headstock shape is from a GTX, a low-end Kaman product circa 1980s.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 01:41 PM

Ha! thats a Westone i think.. check the headstock..oops! is ti a GTX? you are prolly right, nice try though!

Last edited by GUITARMAGEDDON; 03-21-2013 at 01:46 PM.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 02:49 PM

That was shown before and Vester is a possibility with Ibanez sticker.

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazin...s.aspx?Page=8&
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 03:03 PM

Reviews: 2

Yes i go with 63Blazer on this...hehe

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/wh...ed-125652.html

And IbanezDaemon said it very well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezDaemon View Post
That Series 10 by Bently that Axel_F posted is a very good call.

I've also seen a company called Vester use a very similar style headstock as well. Lots of their models also came with Sharkfin inlays and those body bevels:

http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Ele.../td-p/10340842

http://www.myspace.com/vitriolicmeta...%3A17303971%7D

Last edited by maqify; 03-21-2013 at 03:10 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 04:09 PM

Having been a collector, I wanted to have everything, including fakes and failed models (most notably the Gibson Moderne as that's seen as one of the holy grails of guitar collecting).

There are Ibanezes, and then there are the ones like the J Customs out there, too. But to fulfill the entire Ibanez dream, it's also good to get a few fakes (but never try to resell a real one) and a few early Ibanez lawsuit guitars (Fender copies, Gibson copies, and the very rare Burns copies).

I like the OP's fake Ibanez and at least this one isn't half bad.

Also fun is the DIY Ibanez Jems made from Ibanez RGs by cutting out monkey grip and refinishing body.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maqify View Post
Yes i go with 63Blazer on this...hehe

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/wh...ed-125652.html

And IbanezDaemon said it very well:
I knew I seen this guitar before on here! Crazy that it made its round to Pittsburgh.. or there could be others.

Next time I go out there I'll try scoping it out. Hell if it actually plays nice I'll buy it haha
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy5150 View Post
I knew I seen this guitar before on here! Crazy that it made its round to Pittsburgh.. or there could be others.

Next time I go out there I'll try scoping it out. Hell if it actually plays nice I'll buy it haha
It could be that when Vester went out of business, somebody bought them all up and made them into Ibanezes to sell them quickly. While Vesters are not necessarily any inferior than an Ibanez at the same price, they don't have the name recognition of an Ibanez.

If you bought said Vester for a blowout of $75-$100 bucks, then you can put Ibanez logo on each headstock and clear spray them all. Who would think of forging a non-JEM Ibanez? Turn around and sell each for $150 to $200 dollars and take in a tidy profit.

So many know what a Les Paul or Stratocaster looks like but not everybody knows what the specific Ibanezes look like even though they know the name just after Fender and Gibson. Just as easy would be to forge all the Vesters and make them ESPs and sell them all off for a profit.

Tags
ibanez , model

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode