What is a "Kimaxe" - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 05:16 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 11
What is a "Kimaxe"

dude selling one, says he doesnt know what it is. After googling, I agree. Nothing really pops up.

Looks like a bc rich warlock USA. Its bolt on, bare wood appears to be a 5 peice sandwhich of maple, walnut, and mahogany. seymour duncan pickups, ebony fretboard 1 peice maple neck.

any info would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 04:51 PM

Re: What is a "Kimaxe"

fake build
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shono View Post
fake build

Care to elaborate?
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 05:40 PM

Chinese Brand made copies not longer around.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 01:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragsternj View Post
Chinese Brand made copies not longer around.
well his has a stamp on the back "made in korea". It's got an OFR and SD pickups, so its worth the 150 anyway. We shall see!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 02:50 AM

Reviews: 4

Everything google has on "kimaxe" usually reveals they're korean, supposedly built at Sang Jin. Saw a lot of reviews on kimaxe basses and one random youtube video of a guy playing a kimaxe les paul copy. Also more than a few results with an LA address that is supposedly Kimaxe Guitars. I'd call the listed number for kicks. You probably know all this cause it's all google has hahaha. 90,000 results and only the first 4 pages are related guitar stuff.

Man "Kimaxe" just sounds like something i'd hear in a 90's guitar toy commercial. Rock out with your Kimaxe! Kimaxe Kimaxe Kimaxe

Yeah that's a delay effect vBulletin style.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 03:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx View Post
Everything google has on "kimaxe" usually reveals they're korean, supposedly built at Sang Jin. Saw a lot of reviews on kimaxe basses and one random youtube video of a guy playing a kimaxe les paul copy. Also more than a few results with an LA address that is supposedly Kimaxe Guitars. I'd call the listed number for kicks. You probably know all this cause it's all google has hahaha. 90,000 results and only the first 4 pages are related guitar stuff.

Man "Kimaxe" just sounds like something i'd hear in a 90's guitar toy commercial. Rock out with your Kimaxe! Kimaxe Kimaxe Kimaxe

Yeah that's a delay effect vBulletin style.

Yup, thats what I have found out lol. Thanks for looking though, I appreciate it
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 04:34 AM

No prob. Though I was sure you found most of that I honestly was just wondering what could possibly be dug up on this elusive Kimaxe. I'm guessing production stopped pre-internet popularity days.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
No prob. Though I was sure you found most of that I honestly was just wondering what could possibly be dug up on this elusive Kimaxe. I'm guessing production stopped pre-internet popularity days.
everyone who has one seems to love it... lol
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpenguin View Post
everyone who has one seems to love it... lol
I noticed that in all the reviews and ads I looked at. Quite odd. They all seem to have name brand pickups and Floyds too! You come across that expired craigslist posting about a kimaxe warlock copy? Says the model name is "Storm".
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I noticed that in all the reviews and ads I looked at. Quite odd. They all seem to have name brand pickups and Floyds too! You come across that expired craigslist posting about a kimaxe warlock copy? Says the model name is "Storm".
ding not expired though.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpenguin View Post
ding not expired though.

Oh. We probably saw different ones then. Pretty sure the one I stumbled on was on the Houston CL.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh. We probably saw different ones then. Pretty sure the one I stumbled on was on the Houston CL.

Aww man its gone

Tags
kimaxe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode