What Kind of 7 string can you get for $246? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2001, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

What Kind of 7 string can you get for $246?

Now I know most of you think none! or cheap rogue or something like that . Not true today (about an hour ago) I picked up a 98 Ibanez rg7620 in navy blue with the uv1000 case all in great shape for $246.00!! It was at this pawn shop that no one ever goes to because they are working on the highway in front of it so you can't see it. The guys at the pawn shop thought it had a busted trem because some one had it blocked. I brought it home took out the block and bamm its perfect!! Yah for me! this makes its 4 rg76xx's I've had since 98' the most I paid for on was my camen green rg7620 I paid $500 for in 99 but the rest *I bought for less.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2001, 04:23 PM

Lucky Bastered.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2001, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

I know, I love dumb pawn shop workers and the funny thing is is that they said that it had been out for weeks and I pass that place everyday and just happen to get gas next door so I went in to it.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2001, 06:15 PM

Great deal! *I saw a black one recently in great shape except for a couple dings that I could have bought for around 275...you really scored ...especially with that case.

I just picked up a Mexi Standard Strat...mint for $160...not a bad score either. *Will probably turn it on ebay and direct the profits toward something more yummy.
Greg
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 01:09 PM

On the subject of 7620s, how much would be the average price for a perfect condition RG7620 with UV1000 case
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 12:29 AM

you are lucky man. thats a good deal
i was at a pawn shop and they had a UV there for $800US. i knew the guy owrking there because i used to goto and buy games and play playstation with him. he sold it to me for $600US. it also had a trem block, but i leave it there, because i hate whammy bars. but the locking mechinism is always nice.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chud
On the subject of 7620s, how much would be the average price for a perfect condition RG7620 with UV1000 case
At this point in time it's really "anything goes" in the used market. People are ditching RG7's for much less than they bought them for. Shops don't want them because they already havea few they can't get rid of. I got mine a month or so ago for $250 from GC Boston....according to them it was what they actually paid for it (culled from an unwilling but trusted source).....they just couldn't get rid of the thing.

I was thinking that one of the reasons for this may be the time of year; I noticed ALOT of deals in the past few weeks. I think alot of kids that grew up listening to Korn and had since grown out of it were unloading RG7's before they moved onto campus for their first year of college. It was also around this time last year that shops in and around Massachusetts couldn't get rid of them to save their lives. GC Attleboro employees were making jokes about "free RG7 with ANY purchase"; they had at least 15 used taking up all sorts of space.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 03:16 PM

It's not fair!!! in the US you can find those things at ridiculous prices, and here in Mexico, the only used guitars that we always see are the GIO series!!!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 03:18 PM

Great listen to this then
i've decided to get 2 2nd hand RG7620s
1 of them leave in perfect condit with everything the same as when it came out.
2nd one put: EMG 707 in bridge, Dimarzio Blaze single coil in mid, Seymour Duncan Distortion7 or Dimarzio PAF7. White scratchplate from jeannie pickguards (UV style) push/pull coil tab on volume (for neck PU)
if you cxan give any other ideas for customizing just tell me (im making a new topic called Customizing ideas)
i may consider White Binding
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 04:06 PM

Guys, a 5-month old thread isn't the place to carry on this discussion.

Tags
dimarzio blaze , dimarzio paf , duncan distortion , jeannie pickguards , pull coil , seymour duncan , seymour duncan distortion , trem block , whammy bars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode