what kind of guitar is this? (sorry for the cliche) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

what kind of guitar is this? (sorry for the cliche)

I got this guitar at a dutch version of cash converters. It's my first electric guitar and I have never had any idea what kind of guitar it is. the knobs for volume and tone all say ibanez, but the neck says condor corp ltd. the bridge is japanese and there are no other marks on the guitar. I'm also wondering if anyone has a wire diagram for a 3 tone 1 volume 3 pickup guitar cause i can't find one. thx for looking at these pictures hope i can find out what kind of guitar it is or what it is made of.
the guitar used to be black i think
EDIT: i think something went wrong with resize. just click the thumbnails for bigger pics

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 07:42 PM

Re: what kind of guitar is this? (sorry for the cliche)

Wow.. A Strat with a tune-o-matic. :O
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnDr3wYoN View Post
Wow.. A Strat with a tune-o-matic. :O
yeah i've never seen my layout on a different guitar. thats why i'd really like to know what kind it is.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 08:21 PM

The curved TOM reminds me of the one we found on not so accurate 70's Greco, Ibanez and Fernandes Gibson replicas.
And the Concord Logo looks like the old Fernandes Logo.

Could be made by Matsumoku...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 09:07 PM

Reviews: 1

Ahah! I've found more info!

Your guitar is built by a a group called the Condor Corporation Ltd. They make Strat and Les Paul copies, and sometimes make some changes. They are a very small guitar builder in Japan.

This guy has one as well:
http://www.wietsesguitars.nl/page11.html

I'm guessing they just chose Ibanez knobs while making your guitar.

So there's your answer: It was made by a small group in Japan.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

yeah i found that page some time ago. i was hoping for some more info. i cant belive these are the only 2 on the internet. i guess it does make for a special guitar. but I think it could be that the neck is the only condor part in the mix. but then if its a mix it's non identifyble.
guess it will stay a semi mistery.
does anyone know a wire diagram for a guitar with this layout. the bridge pickup has a wire loose so it is not functioning.

thx for the effort pursuit
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 10:56 PM

Reviews: 1

No problem. If the body wasn't made by Condor, it could've come from anywhere. Trying to find out where would be a complete waste of time (it probably couldn't be traced anyway).
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 03:31 PM

I Own a CONDOR Corporation LTD. bass, made in japan. Anyone know about the years these were produce?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode