What model fits into these specs? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Cool What model fits into these specs?

Hey, I'm looking for a second-hand Ibanez rg, so which models fit into these specs:

Mahogany body + quilted/flamed maple top(prefer brownish or dark blue color)
H+H pickups
dot inlays, maybe tree of life would do in particular cases
neck: maybe not the thinnest one(?), dont know so much about different Ibanez necks.
Fingerboard: I've had so far 3 rosewoods, there's nothing I hate in those but maybe would like to try something else.
edge pro, lo-pro edge or any quality bridge
price: max. 1000e/1500USD used

So far I've been offered a J-custom 1680 and rg 2820. Both are great guitars for sure but they're not exactly I'm looking for. Three pickups in custom and transparent black finish which already exists in my Jackson, and 2820 has "tree of life"(?) inlays which are too bling-bling for my taste. Also 2820 has that lighty blue color as I'd like to have it as dark blue.
There was(!) in sale a while ago a rg 2620QMSP and the specs looked perfect for me, don't know the quality difference when compared to 2820 and 1680 J-custom.

Am I too demanding, accurate with the specs? ;S
If you have any models to suggest with the specs above, feel free to help me at hunting a new axe

Last edited by Jampake; 08-03-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 10:38 AM

Re: What model fits into these specs?

Would you consider one of these?
http://picasaweb.google.com/albro195...30425062577698

http://picasaweb.google.com/albro195...87340051490482
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 09:23 PM

Man you need a blue RG3120, its rosewood, but if you can live with it its exactly what youre looking for at about half the price...
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 09:17 PM

As far as I know, nothing exactly matches those specs. RG3120TW comes close and is fairly easy to find, but it's a rosewood board and offset dot markers. The issue with J-Customs is that most have H-S-H pickups, which I'm with you I dislike.

Here are some J-Customs that kind of fit your bill (not saying any will be easy to find, nor will they necessarily fall in your price range):

1997 RG1702MBL
1997 RG1712RV
2000 JCRG-3VV
2001 RG8520LA (actually there was a 3bay auction for one of these last week)
2004 RG8520VV

These are actually available in multiple colors, see link:

http://jcustom.web.fc2.com/catalog/2004/2004_07.jpg

2006 RG8620S NT

Now if you're willing to open up to H-S-H guitars, your options are far greater. I will also warn you that if any 2004 RG8520's become available, you will be fighting with me for it
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 09:53 PM

Reviews: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianozz View Post
Man you need a blue RG3120, its rosewood, but if you can live with it its exactly what youre looking for at about half the price...
i've got a really nice example of one of these if you need the pic. it got bought as a backup to my jpm. in may ways i prefer it, tone zone, paf pro, great neck, mahogony body and maple cap! awesome tone machine.

Tags
dot inlay , ibanez neck , ibanez necks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode