What Ms.Claus brought me for Christmas - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

What Ms.Claus brought me for Christmas

I was in Daytona Bch, FL on vacation last October around Halloween with my Sweetie and popped into the local music shop, Total Entertainment, for fun and to see what was new. After a few minutes of browsing I spotted a guitar I have been itching for but had yet to ever lay my hands on, the ESP LTD MW-600. They had it marked at nearly cost since it was a NOS '06 version with Sperzels (new ones are $1099 with Grovers instead). I played it and told how her much I was impressed with the guitar and she could see the big grin on my face while I test drove it at how much I liked the guitar. She quietly slipped around the corner while I was playing the guitar and made arrangements with the salesman to buy it and ship it to the location where we would be spending Christmas.

I had NO clue and was in complete shock that she had gone through all the trouble to aquire the guitar and keep it secret until the big day. I have NEVER had a wife or girlfriend spend that kind of dough on me, this woman is a keeper and will be Mrs.Bones very shortly.

I took it to rehearsal with one of my bands yesterday for it's first test run in a live playing situation with my rig and it played stellar to say the least. I had the chance to play it out at the local open jam night last night and it will be my main axe tonight at the open jam I host here in Gainesville. I am still grinning from ear to ear with this axe as well as my most incredible and beautiful Sweetie that gave it to me!!

Here's a few pics I snapped:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 01:10 PM

Re: What Ms.Claus brought me for Christmas

Congrats, Bones...I guess this is the guitar that suits your nickname most!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 01:14 PM

You're a lucly man Bones!! Nice axe and a cool coffin case too!
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 02:08 PM

Pics of the girl or it didn't happen

Only teasin'

Great present and good to hear things are going well for ya
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 02:15 PM

As would say Mulder : "Isn't that too much skully ? "

nice catch anyway !
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batchimp RG View Post
Congrats, Bones...I guess this is the guitar that suits your nickname most!
I was going to say the same thing! Congrats!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Thanks gang. I am a VERY lucky guy indeed especially considering how my year has gone.

The guitar is VERY fitting in looks and sound for me no doubt. I know a lot of players aren't digging the skulls and to each his own just like a lot of players don't care for flames. I like 'em and like you guys said, with a nickname like Bones, I couldn't go wrong

With real Sperzels, alder body, maple neck/fretboard, Original Floyd Rose and a Seymour JB in the bridge it is definitely packed with great parts/features but I would like to change out the two Duncan Design singles...... what would be good recommendations to pair up nicely with the JB but still retain a nice "strat-like" mid and neck tone?

~Bones
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 11:39 AM

Take a look at the duncan singles, I believe they offer single coil versions of some of their more popular humbuckers. Since the JB/59 is a usual combo, you might wanna check out the "lil 59" pickup that Duncan offers.

And i believe this is the less expensive (LTD rather than ESP) sig model for Queensryche's guitarist, Michael Wilton. Good quality components, good guitar. Enjoy it man.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, I am enjoying it a lot.

Yes, this is the LTD version which is WAAAYYY cheaper than the MIJ ESP version. I could only see a few small differences in the guitars (real Seymour singles, glow in the dark skulls, nicer maple neck- just guessing on that as this neck is still very nice and an extra tone knob) but not enough of a difference to quantify the MASSIVE price difference (well over $1500 difference I believe).

I'll check into the lil' '59's and pop over to the ESP site and see what they have in the MIJ version (should have checked that first ).

~Bones
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

They use ESP singles in the mid and neck on the MIJ version. The only other difference in the two guitars I could see are the ESP singles, glow in the dark skulls, extra tone knob and a birds-eye maple fretboard, still not enough of a difference for the HUGE price difference. For only $650, this NOS '06 model will suit me just fine for a nice stage guitar and the fact that it was a gift from my most wonderful Sweetie, I can't go wrong.

~Bones
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Banned

Great, OFR, H/S/S Perfect for any song and any gig. Post clips!
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 11:12 PM

Nice score Bones, looks like a beauty. The neck looks sweet on that one, looks like a nice satiny sheen on it, is it quick?
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 01:10 AM

Nice guitar, and a really cool way to get it. Congrats on 2 keepers!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 04:03 AM

Very nice
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilkyBear View Post
Nice score Bones, looks like a beauty. The neck looks sweet on that one, looks like a nice satiny sheen on it, is it quick?
Thanks. It is a nice neck, very satiny and smooth. It really plays like butter.

I used it for my New Years Eve gig and it covered anything I threw at it. I am considering a Tremol-No and a D-Tuna so drop D tunings aren't out of the question. I'll leave the stock singles in it for the time being and time will tell if they stay permanantly.

~Bones

Tags
esp mw-600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

christmas time is here transcription
what did u get for christmas present

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode