What Non-Ibanez's does everyone own here?? - Page 28 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #406 of 523 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 03:39 PM

Reviews: 11
Re: What Non-Ibanez's does everyone own here??

Added to the list shortly

1999 Gibson SG custom shop black 3 humbuckers

Prs custom 24 emerald green
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #407 of 523 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 04:44 PM

I added a PRS DGT in solana burst recently, my LP is getting less and less playing time. Such a versatile instrument! Frets are just like Ibanez Prestige frets, nice and big.
post #408 of 523 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 05:35 PM
Banned

I have an LTD GL200MT and GL500T.
I must admit that they are very decent for the price...and after a good setup.
post #409 of 523 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 09:08 AM

Carvin ST300. It has quickly become my favorite. The color is off because of the light, but you get the idea. I dig the Alumitone pickups, too.

I have a brass block and claw coming for the trem and I also installed a maglock trem stabilizer.

post #410 of 523 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 11:14 AM

Wow that's wild looking. I've not seen or heard of the alumatone pickups. What's the scoop on those?
post #411 of 523 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 11:46 AM

They have an aluminum casing around the magnets that act like the copper wind around the mags in traditional pickups. They do have a very small wind around a mag inside the pickup, too. It took me about a week to adjust my ear to them but now I love them. They have incredible clarity. You can hear the distinct notes of a chord better when using high gain. A byproduct of that is that you need to be more accurate and clean in your technique.

The hums are basically single coil pickups. They can be spit but there is only a slight difference in output and not much difference in sound. They are completely noiseless.

Unfortunately, there aren't that many videos and only a couple are any good. There are a few videos of the Deathbucker version that are pretty good.

http://www.lacemusic.com/Alumitone_Humbucker.php
post #412 of 523 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 07:08 PM

82 burney les Paul copy with MhD custom pickups
Epiphone les Paul with SD phat cats
Jackson dk2m
Charvel mij toothpaste logo early 90's I think
Some godawful Electra pointy thing I got back in 1984
Early 90s squire strat
post #413 of 523 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 01:24 AM

I've got:

Agile 827 with passive pickups
EBMM JPX7
Fender American Standard
Kramer Striker 7 string (this one is weird)

The Kramer is one of the most solid cheapo guitars I've ever seen. Previous owner put in a Dimarzo Blaze in the bridge and an unknown aftermarket pickup in the neck. It was made by MusicYo, but it's got an alder body, maple neck/fretboard, and all around feels excellent.
post #414 of 523 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 10:43 PM

5 Fender Strats, including a 7 String
3 Fender Telecaster Standards, one being wired ala Richie Kotzen and another being converted to an Esquire.
1 Les Paul with P-90s
1 Schecter Jeff Loomis
1 Music Man Axis
1 OLP double neck
1 PRS SE 7 String - not impressed
2 Peavey Predators, one of which is a 7 string
1 Agile Texan 7 string
1 Jay Turser (I know) Resonator
1 Martin 12 string
1 Ovation Adamas
1 Yamaha APX
4 no name classical guitars

Various parts projects that I give to my students who can't afford their own.

Last edited by IamFastEddie; 06-03-2013 at 01:15 AM.
post #415 of 523 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 05:10 PM

Updated list:
- Charvel EVH USA Art Series, Black/Yellow
- Fender MIJ Richie Kotzen Stratocaster
- Fender MIJ Richie Kotzen Telecaster (Limited Plain Black)
- Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008
- Fender MIJ Jazz Bass Special (the one that actually looks like a PBass)
post #416 of 523 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 05:44 PM

Right now:

Daemoness Cimmerian
Suhr
JP7
Schecter ATX c8
Artavox
Seagull

etc... i forget
post #417 of 523 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 06:10 PM

My Ibanez Artcore will always be a standby. But for my non-Ibanez I have thought about the affordable ESP/LTD X-Tone. I currently have the LTD Viper and it's a great guitar. The relatively new X-Tone lines seem to be a pretty versatile instrument.
post #418 of 523 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 06:21 PM

My list is:

Gibson Firebrand "The Paul" Deluxe. Basically an American made bottom of the line les paul but with no cap, just mahogany, ebony fretboard, no pickguard or binding and the selector switch down with the knobs instead of the traditional lp position. My first guitar had it since 1986 and it's beat to hell. Just refretted and I've had to replace both pups due to the originals demise. Love it to death and use it most of the time.

Westone Dana III ltd. Had this since 1987. I didn't come to terms with the active pups till a few years ago so it is pristine. Added a tremsetter. Not a Japanese guitar but has excellent craftsmanship.

Oscar Schmidt hollowbody. Absolutly the best cheap guitar I have ever played. I don't take it anywhere because I don't have a case for it but I love the way it sounds and plays.

BYO Jem kit that I swirled. Not much else to say.

Still working on 10 posts so I can add pics.
post #419 of 523 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 12:26 PM

I have a 2010 black satin Les Paul Studio and a 1939 Harmony Acoustic... The other six are all Ibanez...

I've been obsessed with Ibanez since I was a kid in the 80's and saw Steve playing them....
post #420 of 523 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 06:22 AM

Lg SF1000
MM Steve Morse (4PU hardtail)
Apex "Concorde" programmable
Agile Intrepid 930
Eagle doubleneck 6/12
BCRich Virgo
Ovation Elite Standard
Lg Keziah Jones

Last edited by Agent540; 07-05-2013 at 08:58 AM.

Tags
abalone inlays , alder body , beautiful guitar , blues saraceno , brian moore , caparison guitars , caparison horus , carvin bolt , charvel evh , charvel model , classic strat , crystal planet , custom guitar , custom jem , custom shop , custom shop swirl , custom swirl , dean evo , dean evo special , death metal , deluxe strat , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf pro , dimarzio super distortion , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , dot inlay , double cutaway , ebmm evh , ebmm john petrucci , ebmm jpm , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , edge trem , epiphone les paul , eric johnson , eric johnson strat , evo bridge , evolution bridge , fanned fret , fanned frets , fat strat , fender bassman , fender custom shop , fender fat strat , fender strat , fender stratocaster , fender telecaster , flame maple , flamed maple , floyd rose , fret neck , gary moore , gibson custom shop , gibson les paul , gibson les paul classic , gibson les paul custom , gibson les paul standard , gibson les paul studio , gmc swirl , gold lace sensors , guitar shop , hamer standard , ibanez collection , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez jpm , ibanez models , ibanez usa custom , jackson kelly , jackson soloist , jem custom , jimmy page , john petrucci , jumbo frets , killer guitar , kramer pacer , lace sensor , lace sensors , les paul , les paul classic , les paul custom , les paul deluxe , les paul standard , les paul studio , local luthier , locking tuners , mahogany body , malmsteen strat , maple neck , mij strat , neck pickup , neck thru , olympic white , paf pro , parker fly , parker fly classic , parker fly deluxe , patrick eggle , paul reed , paul reed smith , pearloid pickguard , peavey wolfgang , peavey wolfgang special , peavey wolfgang standard , playing guitar , prs mccarty , prs modern eagle , quilted maple , randy rhoads , reed smith , reverse headstock , rich warlock , richie sambora , rosewood neck , sam ash , scalloped fretboard , scalloped frets , schaller locking , schaller locking tuners , schecter revenger , shred machine , signature strat , squier strat , squire strat , srv strat , strat plus , string acoustic , suhr standard , super distortion , swamp ash , swamp ash body , thrash metal , tobacco sunburst , tone monster , tone zone , truss rod , tube amp , tung oil , vigier excaliber , warmoth neck , wolfgang special , yamaha pacifica , yngwie strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how do ibanez's sound ?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode