what pickups for fender deluxe - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 37
Smile what pickups for fender deluxe

hi. i recently got a american fender deluxe 2006 model, maple neck , and has the s-1 ,vneck, and scn pickups. question is what bridge pickup would you recommend for satriani and vai type tones from it? also it is sss pickup config.the bridge is weak but neck is fine with me , the bridge is too thin and has not enough meat for my taste. i was looking at the protrack or super distortion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 05:20 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: what pickups for fender deluxe

I had a student show me his 50th. I thought I'd like one too so I looked around and heard the YouTube demos. I was very dissapointed in the point of S1 creating a humbucker. It just sounded exactly as you would imagine for bridge & middle joined. So I gave in looking because I still want a locking trem to avoid all that nut slippage from bends.
So I upgraded my Jem7RB to the ESP Arming Adjuster. Very impressed how easy it was to install (although fiddly to use pliars to adjust it). The tone did change and acoustically was identical to my Jem7VWH (although that's Alder not Basswood) which I have a BackStop fitted. If I got the Fender Deluxe I would still be troubled with stable tuning even if I added a backstop to it also. So I'm extremely happy with a complicated setup which if maintained does a job great. It does need lip-balm in the posts for best tuning. Not sure yet if the ESP is as stable in tuning as the Floyld Backstop. I have Evo2 in the 7RB and it sounds identical to the Evo character. Ofcourse the Alder does add more mid as another post says and basswood is thin high up. So in answer, if you want a Jem sound you'll need a Evo/Evo2 humbucker. Sorry you got the wrong guitar.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMusica View Post
I had a student show me his 50th. I thought I'd like one too so I looked around and heard the YouTube demos. I was very dissapointed in the point of S1 creating a humbucker. It just sounded exactly as you would imagine for bridge & middle joined. So I gave in looking because I still want a locking trem to avoid all that nut slippage from bends.
So I upgraded my Jem7RB to the ESP Arming Adjuster. Very impressed how easy it was to install (although fiddly to use pliars to adjust it). The tone did change and acoustically was identical to my Jem7VWH (although that's Alder not Basswood) which I have a BackStop fitted. If I got the Fender Deluxe I would still be troubled with stable tuning even if I added a backstop to it also. So I'm extremely happy with a complicated setup which if maintained does a job great. It does need lip-balm in the posts for best tuning. Not sure yet if the ESP is as stable in tuning as the Floyld Backstop. I have Evo2 in the 7RB and it sounds identical to the Evo character. Ofcourse the Alder does add more mid as another post says and basswood is thin high up. So in answer, if you want a Jem sound you'll need a Evo/Evo2 humbucker. Sorry you got the wrong guitar.
omg wrong , i mean ive got ibanezes crapp loads of them , but i wanted a strat lol. anyway ive heard tons of fenders used in progressive music on youtube. so to answer my own question im going fast track 2 in bridge , and air norton in neck.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 06:24 PM

i put hotrails in all all over sss strat's. for vai type stuff, the super distortion will get you close as well the hotrail. pro track is closer to the sound of an air norton.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsfury View Post
so to answer my own question im going fast track 2 in bridge , and air norton in neck.
that will work out well as well.

rich
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 06:27 PM

keep in mind, the value of the pots will affect the tone as well. most strats have 250k, hum like 500k, but i do believe s1 uses 1meg; which is perfectly fine for hums.

rich
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

cool . but the pups will be single coil dimarzio. heres a jb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsgFe...eature=related
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rty13ibz98 View Post
keep in mind, the value of the pots will affect the tone as well. most strats have 250k, hum like 500k, but i do believe s1 uses 1meg; which is perfectly fine for hums.

rich
this still applies for single coil sized hums.

rich

Tags
fender deluxe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode