What RG is it? - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 02:10 PM

Re: What RG is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1960LesPaul View Post
I know it starts with a F so that all adds up. It is definantly a player. It is one of my mean guitars tuned to drop C. You can almost breath on it and play it the action is so low. EMG 81 in the neck and EMG 85 in the bridge with a SA in the middle. What do I have to do to get access to post pics?
So yours isn't stock, obviously. Nice setup...EMG...not bad. I'm keeping mine stock, and saving the customization for my RG370 (I didn't pay very much for that one, so I don't mind swapping out the pups for, I don't know, EvoII's or something). My silver queen, though...she's staying stock for as long as possible. Best axe I've ever played.

As for pic posting, just go to Photobucket.com and open an account...it's free, and you can upload and "host" pics there, and it'll even put the pic URL's in "code" for you so you can quickly post them here (and other sites).
Glad to have a kindred spirit here...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos731 View Post
Yep...shiny and sexy, it is...

Are the pups on yours as follows:
Bridge Hum = V8
Mid SC = S1
Neck Hum = V7
??

Is mine the same color as yours? It's very likely the same guitar (basically) if so. Original Edge in cosmo...cosmo tuners/knobs.

If your Serial number is something like "FXXXXXXX" the "F" is the Fujigen factory in Japan, the first two "X's" will be the year (example, "00" would be 2000", the last five "X's" will be the sequential number of production. So, "F0057841" (my serial number) would be a 2000 Fujigen-made guitar, #57841. At least, that's how I understand it.

It did until the EMG's were installed. Yes it does have the F. We have the same guitar. So RG570 it is which is what I originally thought until someone tried to tell me different.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 02:22 PM

Reviews: 4

RG-570 GN... what a great guitar!
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Hope this works.

S470 painted by a friend of mine

White 560 back in the long hair days lol

The 570 in question

Flames a buddy painted for me.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 02:42 PM

Congrats! You did it! What's your band name? If you have a myspace, there is a thread around here listing band and personal myspace addys if your interested.

~Bones
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

So I have a deal on the table. I am waiting for a response. I offered my 570 and Martin DEMC acoustic/electric for a like new triple rec Mesa Boogie. Would you all do that deal. I have like 18 guitars and these kind of just sit there.
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Hope this works.

The 570 in question
Hooray! You did it!

Hey...that guitar looks suspiciously familiar. You! With the hair and the camo pants! Gimme back my axe.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
Congrats! You did it! What's your band name? If you have a myspace, there is a thread around here listing band and personal myspace addys if your interested.

~Bones
Second Hand Grenade. Not doing that anymore. I got tired of the all original hassle. Doing a cover gig now called Lifter.
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Hooray! You did it!

Hey...that guitar looks suspiciously familiar. You! With the hair and the camo pants! Gimme back my axe.

LOL!!!!!
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Second Hand Grenade. Not doing that anymore. I got tired of the all original hassle. Doing a cover gig now called Lifter.
I can dig it. I did the ALL original thing years ago and got tired of all the expense and hassle. My current band has original material but we're 75% cover music and don't do too bad at staying booked with fair paying gigs, I never could say that with any all original bands I played in.
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
I can dig it. I did the ALL original thing years ago and got tired of all the expense and hassle. My current band has original material but we're 75% cover music and don't do too bad at staying booked with fair paying gigs, I never could say that with any all original bands I played in.

And the break neck set up and tear downs because too many bands were booked killed me.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
And the break neck set up and tear downs because too many bands were booked killed me.
Yep, one of the reasons I won't play at more than half of the clubs/bars around this town. I'm not going thru all the trouble to set up and just start warming up to have to stop so the next band can get up and play and only get a few bucks from what was collected at the door. If we aren't booked for the whole night with reasonable pay, we won't take the gig. We do plenty of benefits for good causes (just played a benefit for a 2yr old boy with cancer and helped raise $14k) but I won't play for what seems like a benefit for a bar, which is exactly what those gigs turn into.

~Bones
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
That model looks much better with pickups rings. I guess this was one of the things they changed when it was reborn as the 1570.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw_lefty View Post
That model looks much better with pickups rings. I guess this was one of the things they changed when it was reborn as the 1570.
I agree. I gotta admit, though, I love the red 1570. I'm not usually one for red axes, but can you imagine this guitar with black (or better yet, glossy red) pup rings?

Also, the prestige 1570 is certainly nice, and I don't know what the fundamental differences are between the prestige wizard neck and the original wizard neck might (or might not) be, but I've played a handful of prestige necks, and I still prefer my original wizard any day of the week. Maybe that's just me, though.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Yeah it just looks a little unfinished without the rings

Tags
black headstock , bridge hum , dot inlay , dot inlays , edge trem , mesa boogie , pickup ring , pickup rings , prestige necks , prestige wizard , prestige wizard neck , rosewood fretboard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode